Cabinet approves agreement with Germany on Railways
Ministry of Railways
Cabinet approves pact with Germany on Railways
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi was apprised of the Joint Declaration of Intent (JDI) between India and Germany regarding cooperation on strategic projects in the field of Railways. The Joint Declaration of Intent was signed last month.
Joint Declaration of Intent (JDI) with the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy of the Federal Republic of Germany will provide a platform to Indian Railways to interact and share the latest developments and knowledge in the field of Railways. The Joint Declaration of Intent (JDI) will facilitate exchange of information expert meetings, seminars, technical visits and implementation of jointly agreed cooperation projects.
Ministry of Railways have signed Memorandums of Understanding/ Memorandums of Cooperation/ Administrative Arrangements/ Joint Declarations of Intent for technical cooperation in the rail sector with various foreign Governments and National Railways in respect of identified areas of cooperation, which inter alia, include high speed rail, speed raising of existing routes, development of world class stations, heavy haul operations and modernization of rail infrastructure etc.
The MoUs/ MoCs/ AAs/ JDIs facilitate exchange of technical experts, reports and technical documents, training and seminars/ workshops focusing on specific technology areas and other interactions for knowledge sharing.
Related to Your Search:
- Bullet Trains and Diamond Quadrilateral Network of High Speed Rail
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between Ministry of Railways and Governments of Telangana for “Formation of Joint Venture Companies for Development of Railway Infrastructure in Telangana State.
- Cabinet approves listing of certain unlisted CPSEs on Stock Exchange
- Cabinet approves disinvestment of 10% paid up equity of Housing and Urban Development Corporation Ltd. (HUDCO)
- Cabinet approves Status-cum-Progress Report and constitution of “Special Committee for Inter-Linking of Rivers” in compliance of judgment of Supreme Court
- Cabinet approves merging of Rail budget with Union Budget
- Policies for Private Investment in Railways
- Cabinet approves Productivity Linked Bonus for Railway Employees Payment before Dussehra/Puja Festival season Incentive to Improve Productivity and Efficiency of Railways
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between Ministry of Railways and Governments of Chhattisgarh for “Formation of Joint Venture Companies for Development of Railway Infrastructure in Chhattisgarh State