Cabinet approved terms of reference for 7th CPC, including merger of 50 per cent DA with basic pay
As per Hindu Businessline News the Cabinet approved terms of reference for seventh pay commission. This includes merging dearness allowance above 50 per cent with basic pay. The excerpt of Hindu Businessline News is reproduced below:-
Ahead of general election, the Centre today took key decisions to woo minorities and Government employees.
For minorities, the Cabinet has decided to form equal opportunity commission as suggested by Sachhar Committee. This commission will suggest ways to ensure equal opportunities in jobs, education and even finding house on rent for minorities. The commission is expected to be constituted soon.
Terms of reference for 7th pay commission
In order to benefit over 50 lakh employees and over 30 lakh pensioners, the Cabinet also approved terms of reference for seventh pay commission. This includes merging dearness allowance above 50 per cent with basic pay. Currently DA is around 90 per cent of basic pay and another hike of 10 per cent is expected soon. DA is calculated on the basis of change in retail inflation.
Source: Hindu Business Line
Related to Your Search:
- Inclusion of DA Merger and Interim Relief in 7th CPC ToR – Cabinet likely to approve 7th CPC ToR
- Whether Cabinet Approved Merger of DA with Basic Pay today(28.2.2014)..?
- 22% pay hike for Central staff, could go up to 30: Proposal of pay panel
- Centre may raise age of retirement by 2 years to 62
- 7th Pay Commission may recommend in its interim report to merge 50% of DA with basic pay..!
- Central Government likely to approve 7% additional DA
- 7th Pay Commission: Revised Allowances Likely From July, Says Report
- Cabinet hikes DA to 100%, salary may increase by 30%
- Cabinet Committee May Decide 7th Pay Commission Report On 29.6.2016 (Tomorrow)