Cabinet approval on uniformity of tenure, retirement age, re-appointment, pension,salary and allowances etc. for chairpersons/members of Tribunals and other quasi-judicial bodies
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
30-January-2014 16:10 IST
Uniform terms of appointment and conditions of service of chairpersons/members of tribunals/quasi-judicial bodies
The Union Cabinet today gave its approval on the recommendations of the Group of Ministers (GoM) on uniformity of tenure, retirement age, re-appointment, pension, salary and allowances including medical facilities, leave and travelling allowances for chairpersons/members of Tribunals and other quasi-judicial bodies set up for through central legislations.
The recommendations of the GoM, as accepted by the Cabinet, will have prospective effect through an overarching legislation.
In order to expedite delivery of justice and make available domain expertise in adjudication, the Government has set up various Tribunals under Central Acts, The terms of appointment and conditions of service of chairpersons and members of these Tribunals are different in many cases. The Government, constituted a GOM aimed at providing uniformity across all Central Tribunals. The Supreme Court has also observed the need for such uniformity.
Related to Your Search:
- Allotment of General Pool office as well as residential accommodation to the Debt Recovery Tribunals (DRT’s) & Recovery Appellate Tribunals (DRATs)
- Directorate of Estates Orders – Grant of eligibility for allotment of General Pool office as well as residential accommodation to the Debt Recovery Tribunals (DRT’s) and Debt Recovery Appellate Tribunals (DRATs)-Reg.
- Revision of pay of the Chairpersons and Members of the Regulatory Authorities/Bodies consequent to the implementation of the 7th Central Pay Commission recommendations
- Amendment in the provisions for retention/allotment of General Pool Residential Accommodation on re-appointment in an eligible Central Government Office or fresh appointment/re-appointment in Statutory/autonomous/quasi-judicial bodies etc.
- Allotment of General Pool residential accommodation (C-I houses to Secretary/Secretary equivalent officers and Chairpersons / Members of Commission / Tribunals etc.
- State PSCs unanimous on Computer Based Recruitment Tests, uniform pay scales
- Cabinet approves appointment of Second National Judicial Pay Commission for Subordinate Judiciary in the country
- Revision of rates of Allowances -extension of Government decisions on the recommendations the 7th Central Pay Commission in respect of employees of Quasi Government Organizations, Autonomous Organizations, Statutory Bodies set-up by and funded/controlled by the Central Government
- 7th Pay Commission: Good news for autonomous bodies as government may give them salary hike, but with conditions