Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training)
Establishment (JCA-2) Section
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 6th June, 2016
Subject: Bye Election to fill the casual vacancy from 40 – Anantnag in the
Legislative Assembly of Jammu & Kashmir – Grant of Paid Holiday to employees on the day of poll -regarding
The undersigned is directed to say that in connection with the Bye Election to
fill the casual vacancy from 40 – Anantnag in the Legislative Assembly of Jammu
& Kashmir – Grant of Paid Holiday – to be held on 19th June, 2016, the following guidelines, already issued by DOPT vide OM No. 12/ 14/99-JCA dated 10th October 2001, which would have to be followed for closing of the Central Government Offices including Industrial Establishments in the State of Jammu & Kashmir.
(i) The relevant offices / organizations shall remain closed in the notified areas where Bye Election to the State Legislative Assemblies scheduled to be conducted.
(ii) In connection with bye-elections to State Assembly, only such of the employees who are bona fide voters in the relevant constituency should be granted special casual leave on the day of polling. Special Casual leave may also be granted to an employee who is ordinarily a resident of constituency and registered as a voter but employed in any Central Government Organization/ Industrial Establishment located outside the constituency having a general/ bye-election.
2. The employees detailed on election duty may also be permitted to remain away
from their normal duties on polling day(s) as also on the days required for performing journeys which might be undertaken in order to perform such election duty
3. The above instructions may be brought to the notice of all concerned.
(K. Salil Kumar)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Grant of Paid Holiday – General Election to the Legislative Assembly of Tripura-2018
- Election Holidays 2016 – Grant of Paid Holiday for CG Employees
- Closing of Central Government Offices in connection with General Elections to Lok Sabha 2019 and General Election to the Legislative Assemblies – Grant of Paid Holiday
- Grant of paid holiday to employees on the day of poll – DoPT Orders
- DoPT Order: Grant of Paid Holiday on Election Date
- Election Holidays – Grant of Paid Holiday to Central Government Employees on the day of Poll – Orders Issued by Election Commission
- Grant of Paid holiday on Bye Election in 16/05/2016
- Election Holidays 2015 – Closing of Central Government Offices in connection with general elections
- Election Holidays – Closing of Central Government Offices in connection with general election with the Legislative Assemblies etc. during 2013.