Budget session from Feb 23, General Budget on Feb 29
The Budget Session of Parliament will commence on February 23 that will focus largely on the financial business of the government, which will present the general budget on Feb 29.
But there will be no curtailment of the session or the recess period on account of Assembly elections in five states due shortly.
This was decided at a meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs, chaired by Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
“The budget session of parliament will commence on February 23. The Rail Budget will be presented on February 25, the pre-budget economic survey on February 26 and the General budget on February 29.
“The first part of Budget session will end on March 16 and the second part will be convened from April 25 to May 13,” Parliamentary Affairs Minister M Venkaiah Naidu told reporters after the meeting of CCPA.
He said there were suggestions for curtailing the recess period due to assembly elections in five states but the government as well as political parties wanted a full session.
“In 2011, the then government had decided not to refer bills to Standing Committees in the budget session when states were going to polls and there were demands to curtail the session.
“But the government today decided that bills will be referred to standing committees for examination during recess period,” Naidu said.
Related to Your Search:
- Government Hopeful of Passing GST Bills in next phase of Budget Session
- Cabinet to meet tomorrow to finalise Budget Session
- Cabinet approves merging of Rail budget with Union Budget
- Parliament to resume Budget Session today
- Cabinet may consider Budget on Feb 1 this week
- Railway Board officials briefed Parliamentary panel to merge the railway budget with the general budget
- Lok Sabha during next week will take up the Payment of Bonus (Amendment) Bill, 2015 – PIB Report
- PFRDA Bill, 2011 – Likely to take in this session of Parliament.
- Finance Ministry invites NJCA to discuss over 7th pay commission recommendation on 19.2.2016