Ministry of Finance
Banks will remain open and banking activity will continue unimpeded in the first week of September
Banks will only observe holidays on Sunday, 2nd September and second Saturday, 8th September ; Monday, 3rd September is not a pan India holiday
ATMs in all States will be fully functional; Banks advised to ensure availability of sufficient cash for dispensation from ATMs
Posted On: 31 AUG 2018 11:19AM by PIB Delhi
It has come to notice that a rumour is circulating in several sections of the social media that banks will be closed for 6 days in the first week of September 2018, causing undue panic among the general public.
It is hereby clarified that banks will remain open and banking activity will continue unimpeded in the first week of September. Banks will only observe holidays on Sunday, 2nd September and second Saturday, 8th September. Monday, 3rd September is not a pan India holiday and banks only in some States where a holiday is declared under the Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 will remain closed.
Even on those days, ATMs in all States will be fully functional and there will be no impact on online banking transactions. Banks have been advised to ensure that sufficient cash is available for dispensation from ATMs. Banks will remain open on all other days.
Related to Your Search:
- 4 Days Bank Holiday from Thursday Onward
- Bankers demand 5 days week, NUBE submitted memorandum
- Withdrawal of Cash from Bank account per week – RBI Instructions on 25.11.2016
- Highlights: Finance Ministry reviewd the position regarding availability and distribution of all denomination of bank notes
- ATM Withdrawal increased to Rs.10000 per day per card – RBI Notification issued on 16.1.2017
- RBI: All Agency Banks must remain available to the public on 31 March 2019 (Sunday)
- Cash withdrawal from ATMs – Enhancement of daily limits (Rs.2500 to Rs.4500)
- RBI Circular: No Limit for Cash Withdrawal from ATMs from February 1
- Reserve Bank: Limit on Cash Withdrawals from SB Accounts raised to Rs.50, 000 per week