Bank News: Over 3.70 lakh complaints against banks in 5 years
New Delhi: Over 3.70 lakh complaints have been received by the banking ombudsman during last five years with highest number of complaints, 1.02 lakh, against State Bank of India, reveals an RTI response.
The data received shows that 3,70,543 complaints have been received by 15 banking ombudsman during 2009-10 to 2013-14.
During 2013-14, 76573 complaints have been received against Public Sector Banks, Private Banks and Foreign Banks operational in the country with maximum number of complaints, 21,206, against largest bank State Bank of India, it says.
Punjab and Sind bank recorded least number of complaints during the year in the Public Sector Banks category.
Among the foreign banks operational in the country Standard Chartered recorded highest number of 3357 complaints during the year while the least number of complaints were against BNP Paribas, State Bank of Mauritius and JP Morgan Chase Bank National Association with one complaint each, the response to Ramesh Sharma said.
In the Private Bank category, ICICI Bank recorded highest number of complaints during 2013-14 with 5325 complaints against it while the least number of complaints were against Nainital Bank with just 15 complaints during the year, it said.
Related to Your Search:
- Post Offices Exchanged Notes Worth Rs 3,680 Crore Till Dec 7
- Bank employees to observe one-day strike on July 29
- Over 62,000 corruption complaints received in Central Vigilance Commission last year
- 3,40,000 Bank Employees Go on a Strike on January 8
- SHe-Box portal set up for registering complaints of sexual harassment of women employees at workplace, of both Government and Private sector
- PFRDA Order: Incentive for mobilization and registration of subscribers under Atal Pension Yojana
- PFRDA identifies 21 Banks as Makers of Excellence under Atal Pension Yojana Outreach Programme;The Number of Current APY subscribers crosses 86 Lacs mark
- All India Bank Employees Association (AIBEA) Calls for Strike on May 20
- Central Pension Disbursement Agency (CPDA) – Disbursement of Pension to Ex-Servicemen