Availing of Benefits of CGHS Wellness Centres
CGHS beneficiaries including senior citizens can avail of specialist consultation from any government institution of the Central Government, State Government or local bodies. However, to avail of a procedure/investigation from a private empanelled hospital, a referral from the concerned CGHS Wellness Centre is necessary.
Following efforts have been made to provide better services to the senior citizens/pensioners:
1. There is a separate queue for senior citizens/ pensioners at registration counter and pharmacy counter in the CGHS Wellness Centres.
2. Senior citizens / pensioners can consult CMO i/c without standing in queue.
3. In case of emergency, CGHS beneficiaries including Senior citizens / pensioners can visit any hospital, empanelled or non-empanelled and avail medical treatment without any referral.
The Health Minister, Shri J P Nadda stated this in a written reply in the Lok Sabha here today.
Related to Your Search:
- Simplification of the Procedure in CGHS
- Treatment from CGHS Empanelled Hospitals
- Extension of CGHS facility to State Govt Employees..?
- Poor Condition of CGHS Dispensaries – Lok Sabha Q&A
- Lok Sabha: Procedural Impediments of CGHS Beneficiaries
- Emergency treatment in Central Government Health Scheme CGHS empanelled Hospitals
- MAJORITY OF EMPANELLED HOSPITALS ARE PROVIDING CREDIT FACILITY TO ELIGIBLE CATEGORIES OF BENEFICIARIES – DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF CGHS
- Revised Timings for CGHS Wellness Centres
- Guidelines for special provisions to CGHS beneficiaries aged 80 years and above