DoPT Orders 2019
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 24 September, 2019
Subject: Reflection of utilization of Government e-Marketplace (GeM) in Annual Performance Assessment Report (APAR).
The undersigned is directed to say that Government e-Marketplace (GeM) portal facilitates online procurement of common use goods & services by various Government Ministries/ Departments. Procurement of goods & services through GeM portal has been made mandatory by Government of India under Rule 149 of General Financial Rules, 2017, for goods and services available on GeM. GeM aims to enhance transparency, efficiency and speed in public procurement and to achieve the best value for money.
To ensure that this digital e-Commerce portal for procurement of goods and services is appropriately utilized by all the Ministries/ Departments, it has been decided, with the approval of the competent authority, that a reflection of the work done through GeM by the Officer Reported Upon (ORU) shall be made in the APAR of Group ‘A’, Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ officers belonging to Central Civil Services (other than All India Services).
The ORU, who are handling procurement from GeM portal in their Ministry/ Department/ Organisation, while recording Self-appraisal in APAR form, against the column ‘Targets/ Objectives/ Goals’ shall specify the ‘Total budget allocated for procurement by the Ministry Department /Division/ Section’ (as may be applicable in the case of the ORU) and against the corresponding column ‘Achievements’, the ORU shall indicate
- the ‘Total procurement through GeM portal’ made by him/her during the period of report,
- specifying the % of procurement through GeM portal,
- the procurements made outside GeM and the reasons therefor, and
- steps taken for promotion of GeM in the Ministry/ Department/ Division / Section.
The Reporting and Reviewing officers, shall, in general, while recording the numerical grading under Work Output’, ‘Personal Attributes’ and ‘Functional Competency’ in the APARs, shall, wherever applicable, take into account the performance of the ORU for procurement of goods & services through GeM, in accordance with the extant instructions in force during the period of report. Also, the remarks recorded by the ORU in Self-appraisal against Targets and Achievements on procurements made (as mentioned at para 3 above), may specifically be taken into account by the Reporting and Reviewing officers, while according numerical grading for items such as ‘Accomplishment of planned work/work allotted as per subjects allotted’ under Work Output and ‘Knowledge of Rules /Regulations /Procedures in the area of function and ability to apply them correctly’ under Functional Competency. A reflection of the performance of the ORU with reference to procurement through GeM or otherwise may also be recorded by the Reporting Officer in the Pen Picture.
The above provisions would be applicable for APAR from the reporting year 2019-20 onwards. The APAR format may be modified accordingly in the manner indicated in Annexure-I. A sample format of Self-appraisal Section and Reporting Section of APAR is at Annexure-II for reference.
All Ministries/ Departments are requested to bring the above instructions to the notice of all the offices under them for strict implementation.
Related to Your Search:
- DoPT: Online generation and recording of Annual Performance Assessment Report (APAR)
- Online generation and recording of Annual Performance Assessment Report (APAR) on SPARROW (Smart Performance Appraisal Report Recording Window) for all Organised Group ‘A’ services – Extension of timelines for completion of APAR for the year 2016-17
- DoPT Order – Online generation and recording of APAR on SPARROW of Group ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ officers
- Online generation and recording of Annual Performance Assessment Report (APAR) on SPARROW for CSS & CSSS Group A officers – Extension of timelines for completion of APAR for the financial year 2017-18.
- Reviewing Annual Performance Assessment Report APAR of Group A, B and C officer of Central Civil Services during the current the year 2020-21, by officers retiring from 30.06.2020 to 31.10.2020
- DoPT: Recording of Annual Performance Appraisal Report – APAR for the financial year 2017-18 in respect of CSS and CSSS officers – ALERT
- Further Extension of timelines for Recording of APAR 2019-20 SPARROW
- Extension of timelines for recording of Annual Performance Assessment Report (APAR) of Group A, B and C officer of Central Civil Services for the year 2019-2020 – DoPT
- DoP – Dealing of APAR Representations received in SPARROW Portal