An update : Steps taken by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare for relief operations in Uttarakhand
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
26-June-2013 17:39 IST
Steps taken by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare for relief operations in Uttarakhand : An update
- Three Central Public Health Teams have been posted to Uttarakhand. The teams have reported to Principal Secretary (H) on 23.06.2013. Eight additional teams are also kept on standby, ready to move at short notice.
- District units of Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme (IDSP), NRHM is conducting health surveillance in all affected districts. After picking up early warning signals, Diarrhoea cases in Haridwar (Alwalpur), Uttarkashi (Udvi) and Rudraprayag (Chandrapuri) have been managed at incipient stage. No outbreak of water borne / food borne / air borne or direct contact diseases has been reported from affected areas.
- MOHFW has deputed a high level team to Uttarakhand to review the public Health measures.
- A specialist from National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme has been placed with the State Government for providing assistance on matters pertaining to vector borne diseases.
- 3 teams for providing Psycho-social support have been arranged from NIMHANS, Bangalore. In addition, specified number of specialists (as decided by the State Government) from the field of Cardiology, Psychiatry and Internal Medicine (2 each) have been placed with the State Government.
- State Government has requested to supply specified quantity of 60 drug and non-drug items. Interim supplies of 3 truckloads of these medical supplies have been delivered.
- On State’s request, 10,00,000 chlorine tablets is being procured by MOHFW.
- Indian Red Cross Society has deployed a two member team from National HQ on 19th June 2013 to Uttarkashi and another team to Pittoragarh. A high level team from the HQ has also visited the State for assessment and coordinating relief work with State Red Cross unit.
- IRCS has provided 7 truckloads of relief material that includes tents, family packs, kitchen sets, blankets, lanterns etc.
- 1100 bags for carrying dead bodies have been arranged through Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS). Additional 500 bags procured by MOHFW have also been sent.
- The situation is being monitored by the Ministry.
Related to Your Search:
- Steps taken by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare for relief operations in Uttarakhand : An update
- Retirement age increased to 65 for Central Government Doctors – MOHFW orders on 31.5.2016
- Non issuing of prescribed medicines by CGHS Wellness Centres
- Enhancement of rate of stipend being paid to interns in Central Government Institutes and Hospitals w.e.f 01.01.2018 – sanction
- Health Insurance Scheme for CGHS Beneficiaries
- CGHS Clarification regarding issue of Medicines prescribed by Specialists beyond the period for which the medicines had been advised
- Issuance of Blood Sugar Level Testing Strips under CGHS
- Extension CGHS facilities to P&T pensioners
- Fixing salary to Nurses – LOK SABHA QUESTION