Frequently Asked Questions on Authorised Medical Attendant (AMA)
Who are covered by CS (MA) Rules?
They shall apply to all Government servants other than (i) these in railway
service and (ii) those of non-Gazetted rank stationed in or passing through Calcutta, whose conditions of service are prescribed by Rules made or demand to be made by the Central Government, when they are on duty, leave or Foreign Service in India or which under suspension.
Who is an AMA?
Authorised Medical Attendant (AMA) is Medical Officer in the employee of Central Government or Private Medical Practitioner appointed/ nominated by the Ministry/Department for providing medical attendance to its employees.
What is the Reimbursement in case of treatment taken under emergency at private hospital?
CS(MA) beneficiaries are being reimbursed as per the prevailing non NABH CGHS as applicable to a CGHS covered city and non-NABH rates applicable
to the nearest CGHS covered city in case of non-CGHS city, as the case may be, or the actual, whichever is less, for treatment undertaken at private hospitals under emergent condition.
What are the hospitals in which CS(MA) beneficiary are entitle for treatment under normal conditions?
CS(MA) beneficiaries and their dependent family members can get treatment from any of the Central Government hospitals/ State Government hospitals/ private hospitals and diagnostic centers recognized under CGHS/ CS(MA) Rules as per provisions.
Can a Central Government Employee gets reimbursement is treatment
Treatment abroad is considered under CS (MA) Rules, 1944, on receipt of application in the prescribed format through the employee’s Ministry/ Department. However, approval depends on the opinion of the standing Committee constituted under these rules.
Related to Your Search:
- Grant of Advance for Cancer treatment in Non-Empanelled Private Hospitals / Private Nursing Home under CGHS / CS (MA) Rules
- Relaxation of Rules for consideration of reimbursement in excess of the approved rates pertaining to medical claims – CGHS Orders
- Simplification of procedure for treatment at private hospitals empanelled under CGHS/CS (MA) Rules,1944
- Relaxation of Rules for consideration of reimbursement in excess of the approved rates pertaining to medical claims
- Consultation from Specialists at CGHS empanelled hospitals in respect of CGHS beneficiaries aged 75 years and above
- Medical Facilities for Government Employees
- CGHS: Cashless facility to CGHS Benficiaries
- Treatment from CGHS Empanelled Hospitals
- CS(MA) Rules 1944 are not applicable to pensioners – Health Ministry