AIRF met with the Hon’ble Minister for Railways to discuss the issue of vaccination for Railway Staff and their families, aged 18 to 44 years and stressed to him that Railway Employees are Frontline Workers who are feeling restless due to non-vaccination, particularly those in the age group of 18 – 44 years and members of their families.
All India Railwaymen’s Federation
Dated: May 13, 2021
The General Secretaries,
All Affiliated Unions
Sub: Vaccination of the Railway Staff and their families aged between 18-44 years
Today I discussed the issue of vaccination to the Railway Staff and their families, aged between 18 to 44 years, with Hon’ble Minister for Railways and impressed upon him that the Railway Employees are Frontline Workers and they are feeling restless due to non-vaccination, particularly those in the age group of 18 – 44 years and also members of their families.
Hon’ble M.R. informed me that, he had already asked the Chairman to take immediate steps on the issue of vaccination of all the Railway Employees.
I also informed Hon’ble M.R. that the Chairman-Cum-CEO, Railway Board, all the General Managers, and even some of the DRM’s are actively trying their level best for arranging vaccination from the State Governments, but the State Governments are not cooperating. I requested to Hon’ble M.R., that this issue must be taken up at the political level with the Chief Ministers to provide sufficient vaccine to the Railway Staff and their families in their State Jurisdiction, or otherwise Railways should purchase the vaccines and they should be administered to the Railway Employees and their families by the Railways itself, and there should be no delay on this issue.
Hon’ble M.R. had agreed to pursue this matter and resolve the issue at an earliest.
(Shiva Gopal Mishra)
Source: AIRF India
Related to Your Search:
- Flash News: 78 Day wages as Bonus for Railway Employees – AIRF
- COVID-19 Vaccination for Central Government employees
- 7th CPC Grant of non-functional upgradation in Level-9 to Group ‘C’ Supervisors of Accounts Department of Railways
- Railway Board Order – TRIBAL AREA ALLOWANCE to Railway Employees
- Opening of Staff Canteens, Community Halls, Railway Institutes and Creches etc. all over the Indian Railways – AIRF
- 7th Pay Commission issue in Parliament – Strike by Railway Employees
- Grant of Individual or Group Cash Award to Railway Employees
- Implementation of 2nd & 3rd upgradation under MACP Scheme in Railways – AIRF
- Career progression of the staff working in GP Rs.1800