Air Travel entitlements for journeys on tour or training; revision of instructions
Government of India/Bharat Sarkar
Ministry of Railways/Rail Mantralaya
New Delhi, dated 24.04.2018
All Indian Railways, PUs etc.
(As per Standard Mailing List)
Sub : Air Travel entitlements for journeys on tour or training; revision of instructions reg.
In partial modification of Board’s letters of even number dated 24.08.2017 & 25.09.2017 on the subject, it has been decided by Board to revise the Air Travel entitlements of railway officers for journeys on tour or training in the following manner:
2. Further, in partial modification of Board’s letter of even number dated 25.09.2017, it has also been decided by Board that grant of Air Travel permission to officers on Indian Railways, either one way or two way, may be approved personally by GMs of Railways with the prior personal concurrence of PFA.
3. As delegated vide pars 22 of Board’s letter No. F(X)II-2015/PW/7, dated 12.06.2017 of delegation of powers to GMs, these powers may be exercised personally by Chief Administrative Officer with the prior personal concurrence of PFA in case of COFMOW, New Delhi, DCW/Patiala and MTP/ Chennai.
4. The competent authority while approving Air Travel would apply his mind and consider whether the available train connectivity and time taken justifies the same. For example, while Delhi-Bangalore-Delhi may qualify for Air Travel, Delhi-Mumbai-Delhi can easily be covered by train comfortably. General Manager while using his discretion to permit one way or two way Air Travel may consider both the need of the journey and the urgency that necessitates Air Travel.
5. It may be ensured that permission for Air Travel is given judiciously and restricted only to absolutely essential official requirement that is recorded, subject to availability of budgetary provisions.
6. This has the approval of Board (FC & CRB).
7. These orders will take effect from the date of issue of this letter.
8. Please acknowledge receipt.
Dy. Director Finance (Estt.),
Related to Your Search:
- Air Travel entitlements for journeys on tour or training revision of instructions
- Extension of retirement age of Doctors- Travel Entitlements
- Revised admissibility to travel by Taxi / reimbursement of Taxi hire charges for using one’s own car for local official journeys at or near Headquarters
- Guidelines on Air Travel on Official Tour-Purchase of Air Ticket from authorized agents – Railways
- Permission to Travel by Airlines other than Air India : Railway Board
- Travel by Premium Trains on Official Duty/Tour/Training/Transfer etc.- Clarification from Finmin
- 7th CPC : Travel entitlements of Government employees for the purpose of LTC
- Travel by Premium Trains on LTC, Official Duty, Tour, Training, Transfer – Clarification orders issued by PCAFYS
- Grant of TA / DA and Air Travel permission to Retired Railway Officers in connection with attending court related cases: Railways