AIBEA & AIBOA : Joint Massive Signature Campaign
SAVE BANKING INDUSTRY – JOINT SIGNATURE CAMPAIGN – TARGET ONE CRORE
ALL INDIA BANK OFFICERS’ ASSOCIATION
January 8, 2018
ALL UNITS / STATE COMMITTEES
SAVE BANKING INDUSTRY
JOINT SIGNATURE CAMPAIGN
TARGET – ONE CRORE
The present Government at the centre with the focussed approach is targeting the “main nerve centre” of economic activity of our Nation [ie] our Industry, to carry out their plan of actions. Some of them are – broadly;
1. INFUSION OF CAPITAL TO BANKS: The Government conceded our demand but they are attached the conditions of reforms [ie] consolidation through mergers etc.
2. RECOVER THE BAD LOANS THROUGH STRINGENT MEASURES: In order to silence the strong voice of the people at large, an amendment to Banking Regulation Act – “Insolvency and Bankruptcy code” was brought in. 12 top accounts amounting more than Rs.2,52,000 crores is pending before National Company Law Tribunal[NCLT] for adjudication.
Through the NCLT total money will not come back to the Banks but accommodation of the big defaulters would certainly take place.
3. ACCOMMODATION OF THE BAD LOAND DEFAULTERS AND PENALISE THE COMMON MAN / DEPOSITORS: The earning to a financial Institution is mainly through lending operations. When the bad loans are increasing, earnings are declining.
To cover the future loss, the exercise of provisioning is taking place. Small depositors are to be paid increased rate of interest, to encourage the savings. But the present position is not favourable to small investors. In the name of non-maintaining the minimum balance in the accounts, depositors are penalised by levying charges and the income earned through this method is more than the real banking transactions.
4. BRANCH EXPANSION IS THE NEED OF HOUR NOT BRANCH CLOSURE: We have proved that the favourite issue of “financial inclusion” has been brilliantly implemented by Bankmen across the country thereby nearly 21 crores of accounts have been added with a total deposit of over Rs.70000 crores. We need branch expansion to cater the requirements of the common people of this country. At this point of time, Government is seriously pursuing the issue of mergers of Banks. 5 Associate Banks mergers with SBI had already led to closure of 1000 branches . Further 200 to 300 branches, SBI is planning to close down.
5. WITHDRAW FRDI BILL: Untimely introduction of the bill by the present Government has kick started the flight of Bank deposits to mutual fund. Leading Bank- SBI- has released an advertisement in social media instigating the small investors to invest in mutual funds instead of savings, through Bank accounts. The “bail in” clause has created sufficient fear and loss of confidence in Public Sector Banks.
Comrades, our Joint signature campaign has to be actively pursued and hit the target of getting the common people involved in the noble tasks of “Saving the Banking Industry” thereby “saving the Nation”.
Plunge into vigorous campaign as the time at our disposal is too short and also precious.
Related to Your Search:
- Bankers demand 5 days week, NUBE submitted memorandum
- Highlights: Finance Ministry reviewd the position regarding availability and distribution of all denomination of bank notes
- Relaxation on withdrawal of cash from bank deposit accounts – RBI Instructions on 28.11.2016
- AIBOA Strike on 12th and 13th July 2016
- Bank Strike today (Sep 2, 2015) – a Massive Success
- Bank employees to observe one-day strike on July 29
- Furnishing of Specimen signature of the officers of the Zonal Railways and Production Units authorized to forward the Pension Payment Orders to the banks
- Agreements with Banks for easy deposit & withdrawals of EPF Contributions
- Posts of General Managers/Deputy General Managers/Asstt. General Managers in Nationalized Banks – guidelines regarding