Advanced increments on completion of Ph.Ds
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO-1734
Advanced increments on completion of Ph. Ds
1734 . SHRI ALOK TIWARI
ARVIND KUMAR SINGH
(a) whether Government has granted three advanced increments for Assistant Professors, Associate Professors and Professors in Central universities on completion of their Ph.Ds;
(b) if so, the details thereof;
(c) whether this facility is not being extended to Librarians, Physical Directors etc. posted in Central Universities like Jamia Milia Islamia and BHU;
(d) if so, the reasons therefor; and
(e) the steps Government would take to grant three increments to Librarians, Physical Directors etc.?
MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
(DR. SHASHI THAROOR)
(a) & (b) : Yes, Sir. As per the University Grants Commission (UGC) Regulations, 2010 on the subject, those teachers who complete their Ph.D. Degree while in service are entitled to 3 non-compounded advance increments if such a Ph.D. is in the discipline of employment and has been awarded by a University complying with the process prescribed by UGC for enrolment, course work, evaluation etc.
(c) to (e) : As MHRD has been informed by UGC, the benefit of three non-compounded advance increments has been extended to the Assistant Librarian / College Librarians but not to the Assistant / College Director of Physical Education of all the Central Universities including the Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) and the Banaras Hindu University (BHU). However, as reported by JMI, the requests for the grant of advance increments to some of the Assistant Librarians could not be acceded to as they acquired their Ph.D. degrees prior to the notification of UGC Regulations, 2010.
Source: Rajya Sabha Q&A
Related to Your Search:
- 7th CPC Revised Pay for Teachers in Universities and Colleges
- Over 5.5 lakh teaching posts in primary schools vacant: government
- 7th CPC Arrears: 30% of Arrears for Non-Teaching Staff of Central Universities
- Revision of Allowances as per 7th CPC to University and College Teachers
- Advance Increments : Grant of advance increments to IAS officers — reg.
- UGC Committee on 7th Pay Committee to hike salaries of Teaching Staff: College, university teachers plan protests
- KV School: 10,285 teaching posts lying vacant in Kendriya Vidyalayas: Government
- UGC: Pay panel hike for 20%
- Revision of allowances of teachers, equivalent academic staff, Registrars, Finance Officers and Controller of Examination in Universities and colleges as per recommendations of 7th CPC