No. 1/1/2010-Estt (Pay-I)
Department of Personnel & Training
Estt (Pay I ) Section
New Delhi, the 6th December, 2012.
Subject : Advance Increments granted to Stenographers of Subordinate Offices on qualifying speed test in shorthand at 100/120 w.p.m. regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s 0M No.18/44/88-Pay-I dated 07.12.2009 on the above subject which provides that the Advance Increments granted to Stenographers of Subordinate Offices on qualifying speed test in shorthand at 100/120 w.p.m. are treated as pay for all purposes.
2. Consequent upon implementation of CCS (RP) Rules 2008, the concept of Pay Band& Grade Pay has been introduced. Since there are no fixed rates of increments now, the manner in which advance increment(s) are to be computed has been considered in consultation with the Department of Expenditure. The grant of advance increments to Stenographers of Subordinate Offices on qualifying the speed test in shorthand at 100/120 w.p.m. after 1.1.2006 may be regulated as under:-
a) In terms of the instructions contained in this Department’s 0M No.18/44/89-Estt (Pay I) dated 07.12.2009, the advance increments granted to Stenographers of Subordinate Offices on qualifying Speed Test in Shorthand at 100/120 w.p.m. in terms of Department of Expenditure OM dated 04.10.1975 are to be treated as pay for all purposes and the past cases are also to be regulated accordingly. These advance increments were therefore to be taken into account for fixation ¡n the Revised Pay for those officials who were in receipt of such increments in the pre revised pay. In such cases, the advance increments will no longer continue as a separate element.
b) In respect of persons who become eligible for grant of advance increments consequent upon implementation of CCS (RP) Rules, 2008, the advance increment may be calculated by granting increment @ 3% of the Basic Pay on the date of passing of the test. Two advance increments may be calculated by granting two increments @ 3% of the Basic Pay on the date of passing the test. The amount of this increment may be treated as a separate element in addition to the Basic Pay (Pay in the Pay Band + Grade Pay), till such advance increments are taken into account as per (c).
c) Once the advance increments are taken into account for the purpose of pay fixation on promotion or being placed in a higher scale on grant of ACP/MACP or fixation of pay due to revision of pay scale etc., the advance increments will no longer be continued as a separate element as it will be merged with the basic pay.
3. In so far as the persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders will be issued after consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
4. Hindi Version wilt follow.
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India.
Related to Your Search:
- 7th CPC Advance increments granted to Stenographers of Subordinate Offices on qualifying speed test in shorthand at 100/120 w.p.m
- Advance increments granted to Stenographers of Subordinate Offices on qualifying speed test in shorthand at 100/120 w.p.m. reg.
- Ad-hoc promotion from Stenographer-I to Private Secretary Grade – DoP
- Typewriting test holding for the Promotion to the Grade of CIerk from MTS
- Advance Increments : Grant of advance increments to IAS officers — reg.
- Flaws in Pay Matrix of 7th CPC: Less benefit on grant of Promotional Pay Scale i.r.o. Next Pay Scale
- How to calculate increment as per 6th CPC?
- Calculation Date of Next Increment (DNI) in Promotion – Questions and Answers of Rajya Sabha 2019
- Railway Board Orders – Determination of date of increment after expiry of duration of penalties of withholding of increments/reduction to lower stage imposed for less than a year regarding