Block-IV, Old JNU Campus, New Delhi
1. The Chief Secretaries of all the State Governments/UTs.
2. The Secretaries of all Ministries/Departments of the Government of India.
Subject: Admissible allowances under the full funding scheme of Domestic Funding of Foreign Training (DFFT) of DOPT.
Reference: This department’s Circular No.12037/14/2010-FTC dated 19.01.2011 and NO.12037/20/2015-FTC dated 17.10.2016.
The Department of Personnel and Training, Government of India has been sponsoring the names of suitable officers every year for undergoing training in various universities/institutions abroad under the Domestic Funding of Foreign Training (DFFT) Scheme.
2. The matter regarding the accommodation allowance to the officers deputed for undergoing DFFT programs has been reviewed in consultation with the IFD of this department and it has been decided to circulate consolidated information regarding various allowances admissible to the officers while deputed under the DFFT scheme of DoPT.
3. Long-term programmes:
(i) Monthly Living allowance:
|Countries||Living allowance In US$/ per month|
(The above mentioned rates are based on the Foreign Allowance (FA) fixed by MEA in 2009 and are at 45% of FA of MEA being given to Director level officers in these countries and is subject to change as per any revision in FA of MEA officers).
(ii) Monthly Accommodation
(a) University accommodation should be taken. The same will be paid as per actual, subject to it being for a single bedroom accommodation. If the officer avail other than single bedroom university accommodation, the highest rate of the one bedroom university accommodation will be payable.
(b) In case the University accommodation is very limited and not available to all officers nominated empanelled/recommended treated for the programme, then University accommodation can be taken which will be at par with the University accommodation. In case the university recommended/em panelled accommodation are also limited and not available to all officers, then private accommodation can be taken in which case, accommodation allowance shall be paid at par with the highest of the university’s one bedroom accommodation or the actual rent paid by the officer, whichever is less on producing the supporting documents from accommodation authority viz. rent receipt, certificate from university regarding non-availability of the university accommodation etc.
(c) In case where the University accommodation/University recommended/empanelled accommodation are not available, the accommodation allowance may be given at the rate of US $750 per month and US $1000 per month in normal cities and big cities respectively.
(iii) One-time Allowances:
Warm Clothing Allowance : US $500
Departure Allowance : US $500
Arrival Allowance: US $375
Books & Assignment Allowance: US $1000
Note:The above one time allowances will be admissible to the officers deputed for one year long term program only. The officers deputed for two years IACA programs will be admissible for Warm Clothing Allowance and Books & Assignment Allowance only. The living and accommodation allowance respect of IACA programs will be regulated in terms of allowances given in short term programs.
4. Short-term programmes.
(i) Per Diem (DA):
Per Diem to be disbursed under the DFFT Scheme would be equal to per diem available to officers while ‘on tour’ as per Gol’s guidelines.
(ii) Accommodation allowance:
This allowance will be paid at par with the rates of Per Diem for training programmes upto the duration of 2 months. For programmes beyond 2 months’ duration, the rates agreed for long term programmes, i.e., US $750 per month and US $1000 per month in normal cities and big cities respectively would be applicable.
5. Further, as a matter of policy, accommodation and living allowances for one year long term program shall be paid for the period of training including one week (7 days) at the beginning of the programme and one week (7 days) at the end of the programme, subject to the total period of training being within one year.
Related to Your Search:
- Allowances under long term and short term foreign training programmes under DFFT
- Long term and short term foreign training programmes under DFFT during 2016-17
- Foreign training program during 2016-17 under the scheme of DFFT
- DFFT Circular – Long Term and Short Term Training Programmes under DFFT Scheme for the Year 2018-2019
- Long Term Training programmes at LSE and LKY under DFFT during 2018-19
- Circular regarding last date of receipt of completed applications under DFFT scheme for year 2013-14.
- DoPT – Foreign training undergone by Group ‘A’ officers of various Ministries/ Departments of the Government of India
- Reimbursement of quarantine charges incurred by officers on their return from abroad after foreign training under DFFT Scheme
- Long term and short term training programs under DFFT scheme 2019-20