Administrative Functioning of CGHS Unani
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
10-December-2013 15:22 IST
Administrative Functioning of Cghs Unani
Central Government Health Scheme provides the healthcare facilities to its beneficiaries predominantly in the Allopathic system of medicine as per their demand. AYUSH system of medicine is a very small component under CGHS. The Unani system is an even smaller component of AYUSH. There are 10 small units of Unani system consisting of one or two Unani doctors and pharmacists attached to main CGHS Wellness Centres in Delhi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Hyderabad and Bangalore.
Keeping in view the size and strength of Unani component, it is not considered feasible and financially viable to create separate administrative set up for different systems of medicine. Since the infrastructural facilities of Wellness Centre are common for all systems, the administrative control of Wellness Centre is vested in the CMO In-charge. The Unani doctors enjoy professional freedom in exercise of their duties as doctors. However, they are under the overall administrative control of the Additional Director (CGHS) of the city concerned.
This was stated by Shri. Ghulam Nabi Azad, Union Minister for Heath and Family Welfare, in a written reply to the Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Ayurveda Doctors and Yoga Teachers for Rural Areas
- CGHS: Functioning of CGHS Unani Unitwithout Pharmacist
- CGHS: Opening of CGHS Wellness Centre at Varanasi
- CGHS: COMPUTERISATION IN CGHS
- Promotion Scheme for CGHS Homoeopathic and Unani Doctors
- Medical Facilities for Government Employees
- New Timings for CGHS Wellness Centres
- Emergency Facilities in CGHS Dispensaries
- Procurement of Medicines Under CGHS