Ministry of Home Affairs
Ek Sankalp, Ek Lakshya – Aatmanirbhar Bharat: Shri Amit Shah
From 1st June 2020, only Indigenous Products will be sold at the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) canteens and stores across the country
13 MAY 2020
Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, made an appeal yesterday to make the country self-reliant and use products made in India. Union Home Minister Shri Amit Shah has described this appeal as a guiding light to make India the Global Leader in future.
In this direction today, the Ministry of Home Affairs has decided that all the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) canteens and stores across the country will now sell only indigenous products, from June 01, 2020. The total purchase value would be around Rs. 2800 crore. With this decision, 50 lakh family members of about 10 lakh CAPF personnel will use indigenous products.
The Home Minister also appealed to the people of the country and said, “You should use the products made in the country as much as possible and encourage others to do the same. This is not the time to be lagging behind, but to turn the crisis into an opportunity.”
According to Shri Shah, if every Indian pledges to use products made in India (Swadeshi), the country can become self-sufficient in next five years.
Appealing to the people of the country, the Home Minister said, “Let us all strengthen the hands of Prime Minister Modi in this journey of making India self-reliant, by using indigenous products.”
Related to Your Search:
- Parliament passes the Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill 2019
- Canteen Stores Department (CSD) facility is applicable to serving and retired personnel of Defence Forces and not to Para-Military
- CSD Canteen facilities for CAPF Personnel
- Defence Procurement Procedure
- Sale of canteen items in open market
- Open market sale of CSD Canteen items
- PM greets the people on the occasion of various festivals across India
- PM invites views from the people, on decision taken regarding currency notes of Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000
- Employees of Unit Run Canteens under CSD are not Government employees