Aadhaar Seeding Application launched by Shri Bandaru Dattatreya
Minimum assured amount on death in service and loyalty cum life benefit to EDLI members on superannuation recommended to Government
Employee Enrolment Campaign enrolls about 5 million workers in EPFO upto 31st March, 2017
The Central Board (EPF) under the chairmanship of Union Minster of State for Labour and Employment (Independent Charge) Shri Bandaru Dattatreya held its 217th special meeting in New Delhi.
In pursuance to the policy of the Government for optimum use of information technology for efficient service delivery and widening the reach of EPF benefits, Hon’ble Minister of Labour & Employment, Sh. Bandaru Dattatreya launched Aadhaar Seeding Application. The EPFO has developed this Aadhaar seeding application with support of the Common Service Centers (CSC) and CDAC. The CSCs are ICT enabled front end service delivery points at the village level for delivery of Government and private services. With the implementation of Aadhaar Seeding Application, now Provident Fund member or pensioner can walk in any of the field offices of EPFO or CSC outlets with UAN & Aadhaar and seed the Aadhaar with the UAN.
The Board has recommended a proposal of extending minimum assured benefit of Rs.2,50,000/- (Rs. Two lakh fifty thousand) on death of EDLI member. Provisions have also been recommended in EDLI Scheme for Loyalty cum life benefit to members on superannuation on completion of 58/60 years of age/total and permanent disablement with minimum 20 years of contributory service as a pilot project for two years. Thereafter the scheme will be reviewed.
Central Board also took note of the fact that EPFO has enrolled 49,39,929 workers during 01.01.2017 to 31.03.2017.
Related to Your Search:
- EPFO disbursed Rs. 47,630 crore as member benefits and Rs. 8,200 crore as monthly pensions in 2015-16
- Minimum Monthly Pension and wage ceiling hiked by EPFO
- EPFO introduces a new facility for its members to link their respective UAN with Aadhaar online
- 7th Pay Commission – Employees Provident Fund may be raised to Rs 25,000
- Pension Scheme Contribution
- EPFO settles 104.38 lakh claims in the current fiscal CBT, EPF recommended 8.8% rate of interest for the year 2015-16
- Development of EPFO APP – UMANG
- Furnishing of Aadhaar mandatory for final settlement of Pension claims
- Inoperative EPF Accounts