Aadhaar based authentication of Life Certificate for pensioners
Minutes of the meeting held on 3rd June, 2015 for review of status of Aadhaar based authentication of Life Certificate for pensioners.
G.I., Dept. of DPPW., O.M.No.1/19/2014-P&PW(E), dated 10.6.2015
Sub: Minutes of the meeting held on 3rd June, 2015 for review of status of Aadhaar based authentication of Life Certificate for pensioners.
The undersigned is directed to forward the minutes of the meeting held on 3rd June, 2015 under the chairmanship of Secretary (AR&PG and Pension) to review the status of Aadhaar based authentication of Life Certificate for pensioners.
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 3rd JUNE, 2015 ON AADHAAR BASED AUTHENTICATION OF LIFE CERTIFICATE FOR PENSIONERS
A meeting to review the progress on Aadhaar-based verification of Life Certificate was chaired by Secretary (Pension) on 3rd June, 2015 in Committee Room, 5th Floor, Sardar Patel Bhawan, Sansad Marg.
2. List of participants is annexed.
3. Secretary (Pension) complimented the various agencies for their efforts. He informed that during the last video conference of “Pragati” on 27th May, 2015, the Hon’ble Prime Minister, while discussing problems being faced by Defence pensioners had inter alia stressed the need for using Aadhaar based system solutions. He also stated that e-tracking of pension matter would be a good step towards preventing delays.
4. Department of Financial Services (DFS) informed that all banks have started accepting Digital Life Certificates (DLCs). So far 2,06,024 pensioners have submitted DLCs. Of these, 1,47,629 take pension through banks and 35,135 through Defence Pension Disbursement Offices (DPDOs). A total of 1,52,587 DLCs have been successfully processed by the system of which 1,12,286 are through banks and 29,768 through DPDOs. Secretary, Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY) expressed concern over the very high rate of rejection by the system, as the user tended to loose confidence in the process. It was agreed that for every rejection of the DLC, the system shall indicate the reason for rejection in the form of a speaking order. It was also hoped that during November, 2015, up to 50% pensioners ought to avail benefit from Jeevan Pramaan.
(Action: Deit Y/DFS/Banks)
5. Contact numbers of some of the Common Service Centres (CSCs) being circulated were reportedly not correct. DeitY informed that 55,000 records have been cleaned. At present 6,000 CSCs are functional for Jeevan Pramaan. Secretary (DeitY) expressed concern at this. He stated that CSC SPV (Special Purpose Vehicle) should be asked to continuously update their databank and ensure that correct contact details are displayed at all points of time. Secretary (Pension) shared the concern.
6. Secretary, DeitY also stressed that Unique Identification Authority ofIndia (UIDAI) should facilitate, promote and encourage wide-spread use of Aadhaar number for delivery of public services. Aadhaar numbers of individual beneficiaries should be made available by UIDAI to Government agencies on demand.
7. It was agreed that State Bank of India (SBI) and UIDAI will organise a camp in Manipur as early as possible to facilitate employees/pensioner in getting enrolled for Aadhaar number and registering them under Jeevan Pramaan software.
8. It was agreed that DFS shall immediately, preferably in 2 nd week of June, 2015, call a meeting with % Controller General of Accounts (CGA) and Banks to sort out the following issues at the earliest possible:
(a) Problem with the PPO numbering systems, which are not uniform. It had been agreed that Central Pension Accounting Office (CPAO) will come up with guidelines to tackle this problem.
(b) For making adequate provisions for self-certification regarding re-marriage, income and reemployment in the software, instructions are to be issued by CPAO/CGA.
(c) Determination of proper procedure and putting in place adequate checks for correlating PPO numbers, bank account number and Aadhaar number while seeding the systems.
9. It was once again pointed out that there were a number of glaring discrepancies in Banks’ data, including the number of pensioners above the age of 100 years and a large number of duplicate records in Banks’ databases. DFS has once again been asked to instruct Banks to get their data cleansed on priority.
10. UIDAI informed that Ministry of Railways, Indian Army and Indian Air Force have been appointed as Registrars for enrolment for Aadhaar number.
11. Secretary (Pension) informed the meeting of the Prime Minister’s directive to put in place an e-tracking system to monitor delays in pension cases. It was agreed that possibilities of the Online Tracking System for Pension Sanction and Payment (Bhavishya) being adopted by Ministry of Railways, Ministry of Defence, Department of Posts and Department of Telecommunications would be explored.
(Action: Railways/Defence/Posts /Telecomm unications)
12. Department of Posts informed that Post Offices (POs) disburse pension to 3 lakh pensioners of Departments of Posts and Telecommunications and 2 lakh pensioners of other ministries/departments. The department informed that by so” June, 2015, all POs will start accepting DLCs.
13. NIC informed that the posters and pamphlets for giving wide publicity to ‘Jeevan Pramaan’ are ready for display in bank branches, ATM locations, wellness centres, Railway dispensaries, Defence canteens, etc. Willing agencies can obtain these posters and pamphlets from NIC. For this, name, email id and phone number of the officer concerned were made available: Ms. Nandita Chaudhri, DOG, [email protected] , 24305520.
14. The meeting ended with a vote of thanks to the Chair.
Related to Your Search:
- Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners – Aadhaar based biometric verification system
- Special Aadhaar Enrolment drive for Pensioners, from May 30 to June 10, 2016
- Aadhaar Camp for Pensioners at New Delhi from July 13th to 17th, 2015
- Enrolment for Aadhaar number and its seeding in pension records of all pensioners and family pensioners – regarding
- Pensioners Portal Orders: Pension by linking Aadhaar with Bank Accounts and PPO
- Government to help pensioners for getting digital life certificates
- Aadhar based Digital Life Certificate (Jeevan Pramaan): CPAO O.M. Dated 20.03.2015
- Leveraging for maximizing Digital Life Certification
- Acceptance of Digital Life Certificate based on Aadhaar Biometric Authentication as a valid life certificate