Grant of Dearness Relief to Central Government pensioners/family pensioners — Revised rate effective from 1.1.2013.
8% Dearness Relief to CG Pensioners – Pensioners Portal Order 2013
Following the announcement recently from Finance Ministry to enhanced Dearness allowance to Central Government employees from 72% to 80%, Pensioners Portal has now published an order to grant of Dearness relief to Central Government Pensioners and Family Pensioners by 8% with effect from 1.1.2013. Placed here under is the order raising the DR from 72% to 80% with effect from 1st January, 2013…
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan,
Khan Market, New Delhi – 110003
Date: 2nd May, 2013
Subject: Grant of Dearness Relief to Central Government pensioners/family pensioners — Revised rate effective from 1.1.2013.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.M. No. 42/13/2012-P&PW(G) dated 4th October, 2012 on the subject mentioned above and to state that the President is pleased to decide that the Dearness Relief (DR) payable to Central Government pensioners/family pensioners shall be enhanced from the existing rate of 72% to 80% w.e.f. 1st January, 2013.
2. These orders apply to (i) All Civilian Central Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners (ii) The Armed Forces Pensioners, Civilian Pensioners paid out of the Defence Service Estimates, (iii) All India Service Pensioners (iv) Railway Pensioners and (v) The Burma Civilian pensioners/family pensioners and pensioners/families of displaced Government pensioners from Pakistan, who are Indian Nationals but receiving pension on behalf of Government of Pakistan and are in receipt of ad-hoc ex-gratia allowance of Rs. 3500/- p.m. in terms of this Department’s OM No. 23/1/97-P&PW(B) dated 23.2.1998 read with this Department’s OM No. 23/3/2008-P&PW(B) dated 15.9.2008.
3. CentraI Government Employees who had drawn lumpsum amount on absorption in a PSU/Autonomous body and have become eligible to restoration of 1/3d commuted portion of pension as well as revision of the restored amount in terms of this Departments OM No.4/59/97-P&PW (D) dated 14.07.1998 will also be entitled to the payment of DR @ 80% w.e.f. 1.1.2013 on full pension i.e. the revised pension which the absorbed employee would have received on the date of restoration had he not drawn lumpsum payment on absorption and Dearness Pension subject to fulfillment of the conditions laid down in para 5 of the O.M. dated 14.07.98. In this connection, instructions contained in this Department’s OM No.4/29/99-P&PW (D) dated 12.7.2000 refer.
4. Payment of DR involving a fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
5. Other provisions governing grant of DR in respect of employed family pensioners and re-employed Central Government Pensioners will be regulated in accordance with the provisions contained in this Department’s OM No. 45/73/97-P&PW (G) dated 2.7.1999 as amended vide this Department’s OM No. F. No. 38/88/2008-P&PW(G) dated 9th July, 2009.The provisions relating to regulation of DR where a pensioner is in receipt of more than one pension, will remain unchanged.
6. In the case of retired Judges of the Supreme Court and High Courts, necessary orders will be issued by the Department of Justice separately.
7. It will be the responsibility of the pension disbursing authorities, including the nationalized banks, etc. to calculate the quantum of DR payable in each individual case.
8. The offices of Accountant General and Authorised Public Sector Banks are requested to arrange payment of relief to pensioners etc. on the basis of these instructions without waiting for any further instructions from the Comptroller and Auditor General of India and the Reserve Bank of India in view of letter No. 528-TA, 11/34-80-II dated 23/04/1981 of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India addressed to all Accountant Generals and Reserve Bank of India Circular No. GANB No. 2958/GA-64 (ii) (CGL)/81 dated the 21st May, 1981 addressed to State Bank of India and its subsidiaries and all Nationalised Banks.
9. In their application to the pensioners/family pensioners belonging to Indian Audit and Accounts Department, these orders issue after consultation with the C&AG.
10. This issues with the concurrence of Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure conveyed vide their OM No. 1(4)/EV/2004 dated 1st May,2013.
11. Hindi version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Grant of Dearness Relief to Rajasthan State Government Pensioners revised from 17% to 28% DR Order Dated 15-July-2021
- Revised rates of Dearness Relief to Haryana Government pensioners and family pensioners w.e.f. 1st July 2021 PDF
- Dearness Relief DR – 12% to 17% to Rajasthan State Government Pensioners with effect from July 1,2019
- Dearness Relief from July, 2014 for Pensioners of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan
- Grant of Dearness Relief to Central Government pensioners who are in receipt of provisional pension or pension in the per-revised scale of 5th CPC w.e.f. 1.7.2012
- DoPPW has issued orders for increasing the Dearness Relief to pensioners
- FAQ on Dearness Relief to Central Civil Pensioners
- Grant of Dearness Relief to Pensioners who are in receipt of provisional pension – Revised rate effective from 1.7.2016 on implementation of decision taken on recommendation of 7th Central Pay Commission
- CPAO – DR Order to Central Government pensioners, family pensioners from the existing rate of 17% to 28% of the basic pension