7th Pay Commission: Ministries Can Raise Afresh Salary Hike Demand After Rejection
Ministries and departments can raise afresh the demand for pay revision if they find that some of the justified suggestions made by the staff associations were rejected by the 7th Pay Commission.
Such demands could be submitted to the Implementation Cell (IC), created in the Finance Ministry, to work as Secretariat for the Empowered Committee of Secretaries headed by Cabinet Secretary P K Sinha.
The CoS will screen the recommendations of the Commission and firm up the conclusions for approval of the Cabinet.
“If a representation was made by a Staff Association before the 7th Pay Commission and the Commission after due diligence has not accepted the demand made there in, the same matter normally not be considered at the stage.
“However, if departments consider that the issues are of such nature that they require consideration at this stage also, then they may give their comments with full justifications to the IC,” said the minutes of the of first meeting of the IC.
While a number of ministries/departments have sent their comments and nominated their Nodal Officers, the comments received from some ministries are “simply in the nature of forwarding” the representations of the staff associations without their comments.
The recommendations when implemented would have bearing on remuneration of 47 lakh central government employees and 52 lakh pensioners. Subject to acceptance by the government, the recommendations will take effect from January 1, 2016.
Minutes of the meeting, held on February 2, also said it was also impressed upon the Nodal Officers of ministries and departments that “in case, there is any need” consultation with the Staff Association at the level of department, “the same may be done as per the assessment of the department”.
Further, if a department is of the view that any recommendation needs modification, adequate justification should be brought out while sending the comments to the IC.
The meeting was held to formulate the action points on processing of Commission.
Inputs with PTI
Related to Your Search:
- 7th Pay Commission Implementation cell – Minutes of the Meeting held on 2nd February 2016
- 7th CPC Implementation Cell Seeks Comments and Views from all Ministries/Departments
- Implementation of 7th CPC – Meeting of Nodal officers of various Departments on 2.2.2016
- Secretaries Committee to hold first meeting to process 7th Pay Commission report on Feb 2
- Report of the committee on reassessment of CVO positions in CPSEs and other organizations under Ministries/Departments
- 7th Pay Commission: Change rules to reflect recommendations, Government tells departments
- Status of Implementation of Bhavishya: Minutes of Meeting held on 05.02.2016
- Meeting of National Council JCM (Staff Side) with 7th Pay Commission on 23, 24 March 2015
- Recommendations of 7th CPC with regard to EDP Cadre