7th Pay Commission Latest News – Minister’s reply on Strike by Railway Employees demanding 35 per cent hike on implementation of 7th CPC recommendations
Mr Kotha Prabhakar Reddy, Railway Minister for State has replied to a query regarding proposed Railway Employees Strike for increasing the hike in salary recommended by 7th Pay Commission.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO: 57
ANSWERED ON: 24.02.2016
Strike by Railway Employees
KOTHA PRABHAKAR REDDY
Will the Minister of RAILWAYS be pleased to state:-
(a) whether railway employees association is planning to go on strike in the first week of March demanding 35 per cent hike in their salaries as against 14.29 per cent offered by the 7th Pay Commission and not to accept the recommendation of Debroy Committee report to privatize the Railways, scrapping of new pension scheme, etc;
(b) if so, the details thereof; and
(c) the measures being taken by the Railways to alleviate the problems of railway employees?
MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS (SHRI MANOJ SINHA)
(a) & (b): The two recognized Railway staff Federations have not given any notice so far, for going on strike. However they have informed that Strike Notice may be served on 11th March, 2016 for ‘Indefinite Strike’ from 11th April, 2016 in case there is no negotiated settlement on the Charter of Demands by that time. The Charter of Demands, amongst various issues, include the items mentioned in the question.
(c): On the Railways, there is well established system of Permanent Negotiating Machinery (PNM) and Departmental Council under the Joint Consultative Machinery (JCM) with the recognized Unions/ Federations. Regular dialogue with the organized labour is maintained through these fora to sort out staff grievances. The Permanent Negotiating Machinery functions at three tiers – Divisional level, Zonal Headquarter level and Apex level at Railway Board. Departmental Council under JCM functions at the Apex level at Railway Board. Further, recognized Unions/Federations are also members of the Group on Participation of Railway Employees in Management (PREM).
Source : loksabha.nic.in
Related to Your Search:
- 7th Pay Commission Employees unions to meet today on minimum pay hike
- Setting up of 7th Central Pay Commission (7CPC): Matter has been referred to Ministry of Finance by Railway Ministry in view of Strike Call
- 7th Pay Commission: Central government employees strike deferred
- Bank Employees to get 15% increase in wages – Strike from 25th Feb called off – 10th Bipartite Wage Settlement
- Finance Minister Promises Minimum Pay 7th Pay Commission Hikes
- 7th CPC: Strike call by nurses federation over pay hike
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees to take call on July 11 strike on Wednesday
- Central government employees unions defer indefinite strike on 7th pay commission
- 7th Pay Commission: Central government employees to serve strike notice on June 9 for better pay hike