7th Pay Commission : Centre Approves 300% increase in Salary for UPSC chief, members
After the salary hike, as per the recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission was okayed for Bureau of Indian Standards, it is now the UPSC chairperson’s turn to get a massive three-fold hike in salary.
President Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday cleared the proposal of salary hike of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) chairperson as per the recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission. After President’s approval, UPSC chairman shall receive a pay of Rs 2,50,000 and each of the other members shall receive a pay of Rs 2,25,000 per mensem under the 7th Pay Commission.
Before the implementation of the 7th Pay Commission, chairman and members of the UPSC, a constitutional body that conducts the prestigious civil services examination, used to get a monthly salary of Rs 90,000.
“The hike in salary was necessitated due to implementation of the 7th Pay Commission (7CPC) recommendation that has resulted in increase of salaries of all Central government employees,” a senior government official said. “The salary of UPSC chief will now be that of Cabinet Secretary and members’ monthly remuneration will be that drawn by a secretary-level officer,” he said.
The 7th Pay Commission had recommended a 14 per cent hike in salary to government officials, which has been accepted by the government. As per the 7th Pay Commission recommendations, the minimum salary of a central government employees has been increased from the current Rs 7,000 per month to Rs 18,000 per month. The salary of cabinet secretaries has been increased up to a minimum of Rs 2.5 lakh per month against the current salary of Rs 90,000. The gratuity ceiling has been increased from Rs 10 lakh to Rs 20 lakh.
The chairperson and members will also be entitled for travel allowance, medical facilities, Leave Travel Concession, conveyance allowance and such other conditions of service as are for the time-being applicable to equivalent pay in the Central government, the norms said.
Related to Your Search:
- These employees will get 100% hike even without Pay Commission
- Cabinet clears pay hike for 1 crore central government employees, pensioners
- 7th Pay Commission to increase President’s salary
- 7th Pay Commission: In 70 years, senior government officials salary hiked from Rs 2,000 to Rs 2.50 lakh
- Centre Approves 100% Hike in the Salaries of Member of Parliaments, Bill Likely in Winter Session
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet may clear higher increase tomorrow
- Secretaries committee submits report on 7th Pay Commission, govt to soon announce it
- 7th Pay Commission decoded: Know all about salary increment; past pay commissions
- HIGHLIGHTS OF 7TH PAY COMMISSION RECOMMENDATIONS CLEARED BY GOVERNMENT