7th CPC Transport Allowance to Railway Employees
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
No. IV/NIFIR/7th CPC(IMPL)/Allowance 2016/Pt.I
The Secretary (E),
Sub: Transport Allowance to Railway Employees – reg.
Ref: Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure) O.M. No.2115/2017-E III(B)
dated 71712017 & 210812017 .
In the Standing Committee Meeting of NC/JCM held at North Block, New Delhi on 2l/0712017, chaired by the Addl: Secretary (Expenditure), the Federation has pointed out the erroneous decision of the Government, reducing the existing entitlement rates of Transport Allowance to those staff in pay level 1 and 2 of the pay matrix and urged to rectify the same immediately.
Responding to the point raised by NFIR, the Ministry. of Finance. (Department of Expenditure) has since issued O.M. No.2115/2017-E.II(B) dated 2nd August,2017 that employees who are drawing pay of Rs.24200/- and above in pay level 1 & 2 of the pay matrix shall be eligible for payment of Transport Allowance at Rs.3600/- plus D.A., thereon at the cities mentioned in the Annexure to the O.M. of even no. dated 07/07/2017 and at Rs.1800/- plus D.A. thereon at all other places with effect from 01/07/2017.
In the light of the MoF’s O.M., dated 02/08/2017, NFIR requests the Railway Board to issue corresponding orders immediately, duly endorsing copy to the Federation.
(Dr M. Raghavaiah)
Related to Your Search:
- Government’s decision on recommendation of the 7th Central Pay Commission – Transport Allowance to the Railway employees – Deprivel of higher rate to those working in pay Level 1 & 2
- 7th CPC Transport Allowance to Railway employees – NFIR
- Government’s decision on recommendation of the 7th Central Pay Commission – Transport Allowance to the Railway employees – Deprival of higher rate to those working in pay Level 1 & 2
- Pay fixation in 7th CPC Pay Matrix level in the case of employees who are in 6th CPC -1S Pay Band (Rs. 4440-7440) + GP 1300
- DA on Transport Allowance at Pre-revised Rates – Noting of DoE
- 7th CPC Risk and Hardship Allowance for Track Maintainers working in Constructions Organization
- Exemption of Transport Allowance from the purview of Income Tax- Enhancement of exemption limit from Rs. 800/- to Rs. 3200/- plus D.A. thereon : Railway Board orders
- Grant of Transport Allowance at Rs.7000 + DA thereon to officers drawing Grade Pay of Rs.10000 on Non-functional basis
- Denial of payment of Breakdown Allowance to the staff working in GP 2000/Level 3 of 7th CPC