7th CPC Revision of the rates of Railway Board Tenure Allowance to the Officers of Organized Group A Railway Services
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (BHARAT SARKAR)
Ministry of Railways (Rail Mantralaya)
PC-VII No. 81
RBE No : 182/2017
New Delhi, dated: 04/12/2017
File No. PC-VII/2017/I/7/5/6
The General Manager/CAOs(R),
All India Railways & Production Units,
(As per mailing list)
Sub : Implementation of the recommendations of Seventh Central Pay Commission – Revision of the rates of Railway Board Tenure Allowance applicable to the officers of Organized Group ‘A’ Railway Services on their appointment as Deputy Directors/Joint Directors/Directors in Railway Board’s office.
The officers of Organized Group ‘A’ Railway Services posted as Deputy Directors, Joint Directors and Directors in the Railway Board are entitled for the payment of Railway Board Tenure Allowance in terms of Board’s letter No. PC-VI/2008/I/7/5/3 dated 14.10.2008 (S.No. PC-VI/36, RBE No. 154/2008).
2.Consequent upon the acceptance of the Report of Seventh Central Pay Commission by the Government, it has been decided that on their posting as Deputy Directors, Joint Directors, and Directors in the office of the Railway Board, the officers of the Organized Group ‘A’ Railway Services will be entitled to draw their basic pay plus Railway Board Tenure Allowance on the terms and conditions as stipulated in para 4 below subject to review/modifications, if any, based on DoPT’s guidelines on Deputation (Duty) Allowances.
3.It is further decided that the officers of the non-Railway organized Group ‘A’ services on their appointment to the posts of Deputy Directors/ Joint Directors/ Directors in the Railway Board Secretariat will be entitled either to get their pay fixed in the applicable cell in Pay Matrix in appropriate level or to draw basic pay plus Tenure Allowances as applicable to Railway organized Group ‘A’ Services officers as stipulated in para 4 below.
4.The terms and conditions for drawing Railway Board Tenure Allowance on posting in Railway Board’s office will be as under :
(i) The Officers of Organized Group ‘A’ Railway Services as well as the Officers of non-Railway Organized Group ‘A’ Services posted in the Railway Board’s Office as Deputy Directors/Joint Directors/Directors will be subjected to a prescribed tenure, on the expiry of which they will be reverted to field posts in Zonal Railways/Production Units/Construction Organizations etc.
(ii) Officers belonging to Organized Group ‘A’ Railway Services posted in Railway Board’s office as Deputy Directors/Joint Directors/Directors will be paid Railway Board Tenure Allowance at the rate of 10% of their basic pay subject to a ceiling of Rs.9000/- p.m.
(iii) The allowance will not be paid beyond the normal tenure of 3 years for Deputy Directors, 4 years for Joint Directors and 5 years for Directors.
(iv) No allowance will be admissible to the officers of the Railway Services posted as Executive Directors and above in the Railway Board’s office.
(v) This allowance shall not be admissible to those Deputy Directors/Joint Directors/Directors who are given extension or re-employment after superannuation.
(vi) In cases where the tenure posting is to a post with a lower Level of pay, the pay of the Officer going to such a post will be filled in the tenure post as per extant rules.
‘Basic Pay‘ in the revised pay structure means the pay drawn in the prescribed Level in the Pay Matrix but does not include any other type of pay like Special Pay etc.
5. These orders shall take effect from 1st July, 2017.
6.This issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of Ministry of Railways.
7.Hindi version is placed below.
(Jaya Kumar G)
Deputy Director, Pay Commission-VII
Related to Your Search:
- 7th CPC Rates of Tenure Allowance to officers of Organized Group ‘A’ and ‘B’ Railway Officers (Railway)
- DoPT: Revision of the rates of Central Secretariat Deputation on Tenure Allowance
- Retention of Railway accommodation at the previous place of posting in favour of Staffs posted to ECR & NWR
- Draft Transfer Policy for Railway’s Officers issued by Railway Board for comments/suggestions
- Strengthening of Safety Organization at Zonal and Divisional Level – Railway Board
- Non-Functional upgradation for officers of Organized Group ‘A’ Services in PB-3, PB-4 and HAG
- Railway Board Orders – Extension of the period of retention of Railway accommodation at the previous place of posting in favour of officers/staff posted to ECR & NWR
- Promotion of Grade-I (Under Secretary) officers of CSS to the Selection Grade(Deputy Secretary)on ad-hoc basis and posting of DS/Director of CSS on their return from leave etc. – Furnishing of personal information thereof
- Committee to formulate a comprehensive transfer policy: Railway Board Order