7th CPC recommendations with regard to upgradation of Grade Pay and merger of commercial categories
No. II/2/Part VIII
The General Secretaries of
Zonal Unions of NFIR
Sub: 7th CPC recommendations with regard to upgradation of Grade Pay and merger of commercial categories-reg.
Ref: (i) Railway Board’s letter No. 2016/E(LR)I/NM 1-14 dated 27/11/2017.
(ii) NFIR’s Message No. II/2/Part VIII dated 02/12/2017 to the Zonal Unions.
Please refer NFIR’s message No. II/2/Part VIII dated 02/12/2017 (copy enclosed) on the above subject.
For the appreciation of Zonal Unions, copies of the following are also enclosed.
(a) Record Note of discussions held on 12th July 2017 at 15/- Hrs in the chamber of AM (Staff) with both the Federations.
(b) GS/NFIR’s reply to Railway Board on record note of discussions vide No. II/2/Part VII dated 24/07/2017.
According to the record note of discussions dated 12th July, 2017, the existing staff working in the cadres of ECRCs and Commercial Clerks/Inspectors may be merged with the option to interchange them. This indicates that those opt for interchange will be posted according to their option. Yesterday, CRMS contacted the undersigned on phone and I clarified on the doubt.
The above is for information of affiliates.
Encl: As above
(Dr. M. Raghavaiah)
No. II/2/Part VII
The Secretary (E),
Sub: Record Note of Discussions held on 12th July 2017 at 15:00 hrs in the Chamber of AM (Staff) with both the Federations viz., AIRF and NFIR on the issue of:
(a) Change in staffing pattern of ASMs (G.P. Rs. 4200) in view of 7th CPC recommendations, and
(b) Change in’ staffing Pattern of TC, CC & ECRC consequent to abolition/upgradation and merger of categories in view of 7th CPC recommendations.
Ref: Railway Board’s letter No. E(NG)I-2016/PM1/12 dated 20/07/2017.
With reference to the record note of discussions, it is suggested that under the heading “NFIR” the name of the General Secretary be printed correctly.
Vide Para 4 of the enclosure to Board’s letter No. E(NG)I-2016/PM1/12 dated 20/07/2017, the Board sought suggestions on both the issues – (a) & (b) above.
Accordingly, the Federation gives its suggestions as below:-
Station Masters’ category:
The DR quota should be limited to 50%, considering the fact that LDCE being held applying norms prescribed for DR Quota through which cream among the qualified candidates also would become Station Masters’ (GP 4200/Pay Level 6).
The Promotion quota shall be 35% to be filled by those staff mentioned in the Board’s proposal upto the age of 50 years. Those in GP 1800/Pay Level 1 also be made eligible for Promotion quota, however, panel needs to be drawn in the order of seniority among the qualified staff (not to be treated as General Selection).
The Federation confirms the contents of Para 3(a) (b) (c) & (d) while maintaining its stand that the Ticket Checking category should as a whole, remain as separate category.
With regard to Para 3, there are precedents wherein the recommendations of previous Pay Commissions accepted by the Government have not been adopted by the Railway Ministry on the ground that Railways working is different. Example:- when the Government had accepted 5th CPC recommendation for classifying the posts in Pay Scale maximum of which was 9000 or above as “Group B”, the Railway Ministry had taken a view that the said decision was not implementable and accordingly not adopted.
Record Note of Discussions held on 12th july 2o17 at 15:00 hrs.. in the Chamber of AM(Staff) with both the Federations, viz., AIRF and NFIR on the issue of :
(a) Change in staffing pattern of ASMs (C.P.Rs: 4200) in view of 7th CPC recommendations, and;
(b) Change in staffing Pattern of TC, CC & ECRC consequent to abolition/upgradation and merger of categories in view of 7th CPC recommendations.The following officers and representatives of Federations (AIRF & NFIR) attended the meeting-:
2.Points emerged/observations made on the issue of Change in staffing Points emerged/observations made on the issue of Change in staffing pattern of ASMs (G.P.Rs.42oo) in view of 7th CPC recommendations :
(a) Federations suggested that DR Quota for Station Master should be 50% with the provision that 50% of DR vacancies can be earmarked for GDCE. Federations were advised of the merit of existing 60% DR quota and its applicability.
(b) Federations suggested that LDCE quota should be 15%.
(c) Federations suggested that General Selection Quota should be 35%;
(d) A decision has to be taken whether erstwhile G.P. Rs. 1800 should be included as eligible for LDCE and General Selection for the post of SMs or not.
(e) There was also a demand that age limit should be 50 years for all irrespective of whether candidates were General, SC/ST or OBC. The existing IREM provision contained in para 122 and implication of amending the same was advised to Federations.
3. Points emerged/observations made on the issue of Change in staffing Pattern of TC, CC & ECRC consequent to abolition/upgradation and merger of categories in view of 7th CPC recommendations; however the point needs attention as to whether we are competent to change the recommendations of 7th CPC suo-motu;
(a) The existing staff working in the cadres ECRCs and commercial Clerks/inspector may be merged with the option to inter-change them;(b) Ticket Checking category as a whole should continue as separate category for the present.
(c) The merger of TC, ECRC and CC may be only for future recruits from prospective effect for which modalities be discussed;
d) 10 +2 qualification proposed for TC and CC should not be insisted for existing staff, who do not have this qualification.
4. Both the Federations will revert back with their suggestions on both the issues.
Related to Your Search:
- Discussions of GS/NFIR held with Railway Board on 31/01/2018
- Change in staffing pattern of Assistant Station Mater, GP Rs.2800/- consequent to upgradation of post with that of Station Master, GP Rs.4200/- in view of 7th CPC recommendations
- Filling up 50% of DR Quota vacancies through GDCE – Eligibility to staff in same Grade Pay/Pay Scale
- NFIR: Revision of Kilometrage rates and other Allowances of Running Staff
- Revision in cadre structure and staffing pattern due to merger of three categories of posts in the Commercial Department over Indian Railways – viz. Ticket Checking (TC), Commercial Clerk (CC), and Enquiry-cum-Reservation-Clerk (ECRC)
- 7th Pay Commission has been given misleading facts about Allowances and pay elements of Railway staff – NFIR
- Important staff issues upon which discussions held by NFIR
- Eligibility for selection against 331A% promotion quota of Ticket Examiner/ Commercial Clerk in 6th CPC Grade Pay 2000/ Level-3
- Record note of discussion with regards to fixing a ceiling limit for the payment of honorarium to cashiers and other cash and pay staff.