7th CPC Pay Fixation and Grant of Increment in revised pay structure : Finmin issued clarification orders on 29.9.2016
Fixation of pay and grant of increment in the revised pay structure : clarifications : regarding.
Government of India
Department of Expenditure
Room No.214, The Ashok, New Delhi
Dated the 29th September, 2016
Subject: Fixation of pay and grant of increment in the revised pay structure : clarifications : regarding.
Following the notification of Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2015, this Department has received references seeking clarifications regarding various aspects of fixation of pay in the revised pay structure as also pay fixation and grant of increment in future under revised pay structure. The matter has been considered in this Department and the points of doubts are clarified as under:
1. Point of doubt: As per the provisions of FR22 (l) (a) (1), the Government servants (other than those appointed on deputation to ex-cadre post or ad hoc basis or on direct recruitment basis) have the option, to be exercised within one month from the date of promotion, to have the pay fixed under this rule from the date of such promotion/ appointment or from the date of next increment.
Some of the employees, promoted between 01.01.2016 and the date of notification of CCS (RP) Rules, 2016 had opted for their pay fixation on promotion/financial up-gradation under MACPS from the date of their next increment in the lower grade. Consequent upon notification of CCS (RP) Rules, 2016 i.e. 25th July, 2016, the option submitted by such employees has now turned out to be disadvantageous. Whether such employee may be allowed to revise their option under FR 22 at this stage.
Clarification: Under the changed circumstances after notification of CCS (RP) Rules, 2016, the employee may be allowed to exercise revised option for fixation of pay under FR22(l)(a)(1), Such revised option shall be exercised within one month of issue of this 0M. Option so revised, shall be final.
2. Point of doubt: Whether employees appointed/promoted/ during granted financial up-gradation 02.01.2015 and 01.07.2015 will be entitled to grant of one increment on 01.01.2016,.
Clarification: Since the provisions of CCS (RP)Rules, 2016 are effective from 01.01.2016, no increment shall be allowed on 01.01.2016 at the time of fixation of pay in the revised pay structure.
Joint Secretary to the Govt. of India
Related to Your Search:
- Fixation of pay and grant of increment in the revised Pay structure
- Fixation of Pay and grant of increment in revised pay structure clarification
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation: Confederation seeks Clarification for Post 2016 Promotee/MACP and One time relaxation in excercise option for retrospectively Promotion/Upgradation
- Pay Fixation on Promotion as per 7th CPC (RP) Rules – Confederation requests to exercise revised option as one-time measure
- Confusion Continues in Promotion Option after Finance Ministry order
- Option for pay fixation in the 7th CPC Pay Matrix level to the Railway employees promoted during the period 01.01.2016 to 31.12.2016
- Implementation of CCS (RP) Rules 2016: Clarification regarding exercise of option under Rule 5
- Implementation of CCS (RP) Rules 2016-Exercising of option for fixation of pay Ministry of Defence
- KVS: 7th CPC Fixation of pay under CCS (RP) rules 2016