Night Duty Allowance for Defence Civilians – Try to abolish the artificial ceiling of Rs. 43600/- for eligibility of 7th CPC Night Duty Allowance for defence civilians, so that all eligible employees can get their actual monetary benefits without delay.
REF: BPMS/ MOD/ NDA/ 51 B(7/2/R)
Department of Defence,
Govt of India, Min of Defence,
South Block, New Delhi – 110011
Subject: Payment of Night Duty Allowance on actual pay of 7th CPC, without any ceiling.
With due regards, it is submitted that this federation has been demanding the removal of the artificial ceiling of Rs. 43600/- for eligibility for Night Duty Allowance in Defence Installations which has been imposed vide DoPT OM dated 13.07.2020. This issue has been raised in the Additional Mechanism meeting of MoD as well as various JCM-III Level Councils.
This issue was discussed in the National Council (JCM) meeting held under the Chairmanship of Cabinet Secretary on 26.06.2021 as Agenda Point No. 5.22 Item No. NC48/19/21 and after prolonged discussion the Chairman asked the Secretary (P) and Secretary (Exp.) to resolve the issue expeditiously.
Later, it was also discussed in National Council (JCM) meeting held under the Chairmanship of Secretary (P) on 30.07.2021 as Agenda No. 4.2 Item No. NC-47/31/19 -Litigation cases on service matter wherein AS (E), DoPT stated that the guidelines issued by DoPT on the subject matter are not for the industrial employees working under the MoD. Hence, MoD has to take a conscious decision in the matter.
Therefore, you are requested to issue necessary instructions/clarifications to remove this artificial ceiling of Rs. 43600/- for defence civilians for eligibility of Night Duty Allowance so that all the eligible employees may get their legitimate monetary benefits without further delay.
General Secretary/BPMS &
Member, JCM-II Level Council (MOD)
Related to Your Search:
- Clarifications to remove artificial ceiling of Rs. 43600 for defence civilians for eligibility of 7th CPC Night Duty Allowance
- Night Duty Allowance without any ceiling as per 7th CPC – BPMS
- Payment of Night Duty Allowance on actual pay, without any ceiling and should be correlated with the pay of 7th CPC
- 7th CPC Night Duty allowance CGDA clarification on the ceiling of basic pay
- Imposition of pay ceiling @ Rs. 43600/- per month for entitlement of Night Duty Allowance to Railway employees
- Meeting of Committee on Allowances held on 25.10.2016 : NC JCM Staff Side
- 7th CPC Night Duty Allowance from Railway employees who have become ineligible to get NDA after issue of Board’s letter dated 29th Sep 2020
- 7th CPC Productivity Linked Bonus PLB raising the minimum ceiling for the purpose of payment of Bonus to Rs 18000
- NC JCM & DoPT: Bonus Ceilings, Provident Fund and Quantum of Gratuity issues may settle