7th CPC Dress Allowance – DoPT Orders on 31.8.2017
F. No. 14/4/2o15-JCA 2
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training)
Establishment (JCA-2) Section
North Block, New Delhi
Dated: August 31, 2017
Subject: Implementation of recommendation of the Seventh Central Pay Commission on Dress Allowance – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to state that in pursuance of the decisions taken by the Government on the recommendations of Seventh Central Pay Commission, and in supersession of the existing orders relating to admissibility of Uniform Allowance/ Washing allowance/ Stitching Charges /Shoe allowance, etc to common categories of Group ‘C’ and erstwhile Group ‘D’ employees of various Ministries/Departments, including attached/ subordinate offices, who are supplied uniform and are required to wear them regularly, they shall be paid Dress Allowance at the rate of Rs. 5000/- per year.
2. The Uniform Allowance/Washing Allowance/Stitching Charges/Shoe Allowance, etc. have been subsumed in Dress Allowance.
3. The categories of Staff who were earlier being provided uniforms if any, shall henceforth not be provided with uniform.
4. Allowance related to maintenance and washing of uniform is subsumed under Dress Allowance, and will not be payable separately.
5. The amount of Dress Allowance shall be credited to the salary of employees directly once a year in the month of July.
6. The rate of Dress Allowance shall be, as mentioned in para-1 above, Rs.5oo0/- per year. The rate of Dress Allowance shall go up by 25% every time the Dearness Allowance rises by 50%.
7. This allowance covers only the basic uniform of the employees. Any special clothing will continue to be provided by the concerned Ministry as per existing norms.
8. This order shall take effect from 1st July, 2017.
Hindi version will follow.
Deputy Secretary ( A)
Tel. No. 2309 982
Related to Your Search:
- 7th CPC – Dress Allowance for eligible Railway Employees: Railway Board Order
- Implementation of the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission – Dress Allowance
- Grant of Dress allowance to eligible Railway Officers, PBOR of RPF, Station Masters and Others
- 7th Pay Commission – Government Hikes Dress Allowance for Diplomats, SPG Officers
- 7th Pay Commission : Payment of Washing Expenditure to Industrial Employees with revised rate – BPMS requests
- Implementation of 7th Central Pay Commission Recommendations of Dress Allowance – regarding wearing of Uniform
- 7th CPC Dress Allowance to Railway Nursing Staff
- 7th pay commission dress allowance for CGHS employees
- 7th CPC: Dress Allowance to officials discharging Prosecution functions on provisional basis