7th Central Pay Commission : Revision of pension of pre-2016 Pensioners/Family Pensioners – R.B.E. No. : 97/2016
PC-VII No.: 04/2016
R.B.E. No. : 97/2016
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (BHARAT SARKAR)
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS (RAIL MANTRALAYA)
New Delhi, Dated: 10.08.2016.
All Zonal Railways/Production Units,
(As per standard mailing list)
Sub: Implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission-Revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners/family pensioners etc.
In pursuance of Government’s decision on the recommendations of Seventh Central Pay Commission, the Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare (DOP&PW), vide their O.M.F.No.38/37/2016-P&PW(A)(ii) dated 4th August, 2016, has issued instructions for revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners/family pensioners. In terms of pars 2.1 of the said O.M., the instructions contained therein apply to all pensioners/family pensioners, who were drawing pension/family pension before 01.01.2016 under the Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972, Central Civil Services (Extraordinary Pension) Rules and the corresponding rules applicable to Railway pensioners. A pensioner/family pensioner who became entitled to pension/family pension w.e.f. 01.01.2016 consequent on retirement/death of railway servant on 31.12.2015, would also be covered by these orders. The corresponding rules applicable to Railway pensioners/family pensioners are Railway Services (Pension) Rules, 1993 and Railway Services (Extraordinary Pension) Rules, 1993.
2. Compliance of instructions contained in DOP&PW’s 0.M. ibid may be ensured expeditiously.
3. This letter along with DOP&PW’s O.M. dated 4th August, 2016 referred to in Para I above, has also been uploaded on Railways website: www.indianrailways.gov.in at following location:
Railway Board Directorates–>Finance –> F(E)III CIRCULARS
4. Please acknowledge receipt.
Deputy Director, Finance (Estt.)III,
Related to Your Search:
- After 7th CPC, the limits on two family pension payable to a child in support of both parents is revised
- Government decisions on 7th Central Pay Commission – Revision of pension of pre- 2016 pensioners/ family pensioners etc
- 7th CPC Pension News : Separate orders will be issued to Armed Forces pensioners/family pensioners
- 7th CPC Revision of Pre-2016 Pensioners: Railway Board order on Concordance tables
- Payment of lump-sum compensation to railway employees covered under NPS on retention in Railway service
- Special benefit in cases of death and disability in service – Revision of Disability Pension/Family pension
- Implementation of 7th Central Pay Commission recommendations – Statement of fixation of pay
- Relaxation of Rule 96 of Railway Services Pension Rules, 1993 for payment of provisional Family Pension on death of a Government Servant during service
- Implementation of the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission : Revision of provisions regulating pension / gratuity / commutation of pension / family pension / disability pension / ex-gratia lump-sum compensation, etc