7th Pay Commission Allowances – Finmin issued Resolution
7th Central Pay Commission – Resolution on Allowances, Dated 6th July, 2017
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Expenditure)
New Delhi, the 6th July, 2017
No. 11-1/2016-IC.-The Seventh Central Pay Commission (the Commission) was set up by the Government of India vide Resolution No. 1/1/2013-E.III (A), dated the 28th February, 2014. The period for submission of report by the Commission was extended upto 31st December, 2015 vide Resolution No. 1/1/2013-E.III (A), dated the 8th September, 2015. The Commission, on 19th November, 2015, submitted its Report on the matters covered in its Terms of Reference as specified in the aforesaid Resolution dated the 28th February, 2014.
2. The Government, vide Para 7 of the Resolution No. 1-2/2016- IC, dated 25th July, 2016, decided to refer the allowances (except Dearness Allowance) to the Committee on Allowances (the Committee). It was also decided that till a final decision on allowances is taken based on the recommendations of the Committee, all allowances will continue to be paid at existing rates in existing pay structure, as if the pay had not been revised with effect from 1st day of January, 2016.
3. The said Committee submitted its Report on 27th April, 2017. The Government, after consideration, has decided to accept the recommendations of the Commission on allowances with 34 modifications as specified in Appendix I. The Statement showing the recommendations of the Commission on allowances and the Government’s decision thereon is annexed at Appendix II.
4. Some of the allowances paid to the Indian Navy which are also paid to the Indian Coast Guard at present have not been mentioned in the Report of the Commission. The Government has decided that these allowances which are admissible to the Indian Navy shall also be paid to the Indian Coast Guard at par with the Indian Navy.
5. The rates in respect of 12 running allowances relating to the Ministry of Railways shall be notified by the Ministry of Railways with the concurrence of the Ministry of Finance.
6. The revised rates of allowances shall be admissible with effect from the 1st July, 2017.
Ordered that this Resolution be published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary.
Ordered that a copy of this Resolution be communicated to the Ministries and/Departments of the Government of India, State Governments, Administrations of Union territories and all other concerned.
Related to Your Search:
- Discontinuance of Family Planning Allowance for adoption of small family norms – recommendation of the 7th Central pay Commission
- 7th Pay Commission : Allowances Report to be Delayed by a Week As FM too busy with political agenda
- Status of HRA and TA in 7th CPC Salary
- 7th Pay Commission HRA & other allowances need be revised at the earliest – Confederation
- 7th Pay Commission: Higher allowances to be proposed in this month
- 7th CPC Railways: Adoption of officiating pay under FR-35 in lieu of Charge Allowance
- 7th Central Pay Commission relating to Headquarters Special Pay/Special Allowance admissible to officers of the Organized Group ‘A’ services on their posting in their respective Headquarters
- 7th Central Pay Commission: Discontinuation of Central Secretariat (Deputation on Tenure) Allowance to officers of Organized Group ‘A’ Services under CSS
- 7th Pay Commission Resolution for Personnel Below Officer Rank (PBOR) of the Armed Forces