7th Central Pay Commission – Regularisation of Retirement Age?
As the recommendation and implementation of the 7th Central Pay Commission is eagerly awaited by the central government employees, some points in the recommendations are slightly leaking in..It may not be authentically correct.
According to information from various sources, the Pay Commission may fix the minimum basic pay at Rs. 15000/- and it is assumed that a huge increase in the salaries of the employees cannot be expected. The term of the commission was extended for four months and they are in full swing giving final touches to the report to be submitted to the central government by the end of December 2015.
One more recommendation which is said to be an important one, is the regularisation of retirement age for the Central Government Employees. The Commission may recommend that an employee should retire after completing 33 years of service or at the age of 60 whichever comes first. For instance, if an employee joins a central government establishment at the age of 23, his retirement age will be 56. If this recommendation is true, it will definitely create panic among the employees and it will not be a wise decision by the pay commission. All Federations and Associations will strongly oppose these type of recommendations…
The 6th CPC had brought various changes in the Pay Structures and introduced Grade Pay. There was a moderate increase in the Basic Pay, House Rent Allowance and re-imbursement of tuition fees was also introduced. The minimum basic pay was Rs.5200+Grade Pay 1800=Rs. 7000/- while it was Rs. 2650/- in the 5th CPC.
Further, it is also said that, the 7th CPC may abolish the 6th CPC’s Pay Scales and may bring back the old pay scales. The overall increase in the Pay Scale will be around 15% to 20%…
Let us wait and see for the ultimate results…!
Related to Your Search:
- 7th Pay Commission report – estimated pay scales and multiplication factor
- 7th CPC News : Fourth CPC pay scale and Fifth Pay commission
- 7th CPC recommendation expected: Minimum Basic 15000, Average increase 15%-20% and Maximum 33 Years Service
- 7th Pay Commission likely to propose minimum pay Rs 20,000 of central government employees
- 7th CPC News : First CPC to Third CPC Pay Scales
- Additional Memorandum to 7th Central Pay Commission – IRTSA
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – 27% increase expected as against 14.29% recommended
- Will 7th Pay Commission recommend the Revised Pay Scale without Grade Pay?
- 7th Pay Commission – Government Firmly Rejects Demand to Reduce Pay Gap