7th Central Pay Commission (7CPC) – Revision of Disability/ War Injury pension for Pre-01.01.2016 Defence Forces pensioners – PCDA Circular No.596
Circular No. 596
Dated: 09th February, 2018
1. The Chief Accountant, RBI, Deptt. Of Govt. Bank Accounts, Central office C-7, Second Floor, Bandre- Kurla Complex, P B No. 8143, Bandre East Mumbai- 400051
2. All CMDs, Public Sector Banks including IDBI Bank
3. Nodal Officers, ICICl/ HDFC/ AXIS/ IDBI Banks
4. Managers, All CPPCs
5. Military and Air Attache, Indian Embassy, Kathmandu, Nepal
6. The PCDA (WC), Chandigarh
7. The CDA (PD), Meerut
8. The CDA, Chennai
9. The Director of Treasuries, All States
10. The Pay and Accounts Officer, Delhi Administration, RK Puram and Tis Hazari, New Delhi
11. The Pay and Accounts Office, Govt of Maharashtra, Mumbai
12. The Post Master Kathua (J&K)
13. The Post Master Camp Bell Bay
14. The Pr. Pay and Accounts Officer, Andaman and Nicobar Administration, Port Blair
Subject: Implementation of Government decision on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC)- Revision of Disability/ War Injury pension for Pre-01.01.2016 Defence Forces pensioners reg.
Reference: This office Circular No. 570 dated 31.10.2016, Circular No. 582 dated 05.09.2017 and Circular No. 585 dated 21.09.2017.
(Available on this office website www.pcdapension.nic.in)
Copy of GOI, MOD letter No. 17(01)/2017(01)/D(Pen/Policy) dated 23rd January, 2018 on the above subject, which is self-explanatory, is forwarded herewith for further necessary action at your end.
2. In terms of Para-2 of GOI, MOD letter No. 17(01)/2017(01)/D(Pension/ Policy) dated 04th September,2017, Disability Element of Disability Pension to Armed Forces Pensioners has to be revised by multiplying the existing rate of Disability Element as had been drawn on 31.12.2015 by factor of 2.57 to arrive at revised rate of Disability Element as on 01.01.2016. Further, in terms of Para-5.2 & 5.3 of GOI, MOD letter No. 17(01)/2017(02)/D(Pension/Policy) dated 05th September’ 2017, Disability Pensionary awards has to be revised on notional pay fixation method and benefits of broad banding will be given to discharge cases also as in invalided out cases and these will be done by issuing Corrigendum Pension Payment Order (PPO).
3. Now, consequent upon the issue of GOI, MOD letter dated 23rd January, 2018, the cases where Armed Forces Pensioners who were retired/ discharged voluntary or otherwise with disability and they were in receipt of Disability/ War Injury Element as on 31.12.2015, their extent of disability/ War Injury Element shall be re-computed in the following manner given below, before applying the multiplication factor of 2.57 on existing disability/ war injury element as on 31.12.2015 for getting the revised disability/ war injury element as on 01.01.2016 in accordance to Para-2 of GOI, MOD letter No. 17(01)/2017(01)/D(Pension/ Policy) dated 04th September’ 2017.
|Accepted percentage of disability||Percentage to be reckoned for computation of Disability Element|
|20% or more but less than 50%||50%|
|Between 50% to 75%||75%|
|Between 76% to 100%||100%|
4. The Note below Para-12 of GOI, MOD letter No. 17(01)/2016-D(Pen/Pol) dated 29th October, 2016 (circulated vide Circular No. 570 dated 31.10.2016) stands deleted. In other words, quantum of additional pension available to old age pensioners after attaining the age of 80 years and above shall also be admissible on revised disability/ war injury element.
5. It is also stated that PDAs may take utmost care during revision of Disability/War Injury Element as per this order in those cases where the pensioners who are in receipt of 50% of Disability/ War Injury Element of Disability/ War Injury Pension. If the individual has already been given rounding of benefit through PPO (in invalided out cases) then rounding of benefit in such cases should not be given. However, where his disability was assessed as 50% in discharge cases then it will be rounded to 75% as mentioned in Para-3 above. If the PDAs found any problem regarding identification of such cases the same may please be forwarded to Audit Section of this office.
6. All Pension Disbursing Agencies handling disbursement of pension to the Defence Pensioner are hereby authorized to pay benefit of rounding off disability/ war injury and additional pension as per Para 3 & 5 above without any further authorization from the concerned Pension Sanctioning Authorities.
7. Provisions of GOI, MOD letter No. 17(01)/2017(01)/D(Pen/Policy) dated 23rd January, 2018 shall take effect from 01.01.2016.
8. This circular has been uploaded on this office website www.pcdapension.nic.in for dissemination to all alongwith Defence pensioners and Pension Disbursing Agencies.
Source : PCDA
Related to Your Search:
- 7th CPC: Revision of Disability/ War Injury pension for pre-1.1.2016 Defence Forces pensioners
- OROP: One Rank One Pension to all Pre-01.06.1953 Defence pensioners, Ex. State Force Pensioners and their families
- Clarification on implementation of 7th Central Pay commission (CPC)
- PCDA Circular No. 599 : 7th CPC – Revision of Disability / War Injury Pension for Pre 01.01.2006 Deference Forces Pensioners
- Minimum Guaranteed Pension for Disability/War injury element as per CSC 2012 recommendation.
- 7th Central Pay Commission regulating Casualty Pensionary Award for Defence Forces pensioners/family pensioners – PCDA Circular 618
- Casualty Pensionary Awards for Armed Forces Officers & POBR invalided out from 1.1.1996 – PCDA Circular No. 529
- OROP – Implementation of One Rank One Pension to all Pre-01.06.1953 Defence pensioners and their families
- Disability Pension for soldiers during the 6th CPC and under the 7th CPC: Details given in Lok Sabha