50 per cent DA in the basic pay is set to merge soon
As per Dainik Bhasker Article Govt. is ready to merge 50% DA with Basic Pay:-
38 million employees and 25 lakh pensioners electoral rarity
- 50 per cent DA in the basic pay is set to merge soon
- Govt. exercises to attract 38 lakh workers, 25 lakh pensioners
- 20 thousand crore additional burden on the exchequer
Government eyes on approximately 2 and half crore votes of Central government employees and pensioners and their families. Govt is preparing to merge 50 per cent dearness allowance (DA) into the basic pay to attracted approximately 38 lakh employees and 25 lakh pensioners.
That would be in the next fortnight. If it happen, extra burden would cost of Rs 20,000 crore to the exchequer.
It may be pressure of employees of Trade Union/ threatening of indefinite strike by the central govt. employees with railway employee or it may be trial of attraction of 2.5 carores of voters. Infact D.A. is being merged with basic salary. The Secretary General of the AIRF Mr. Shiva Gopal Mishra who is representing nearly 12 lakh employees says last days, that he had corresponded with the Prime Minister’s Office and the Finance Ministry. He also met with Secretary of expenditure in this connection.
This indicates that it will be announced just after the vote on account of parliament. Press Secretary of National Federation of Indian Railwaymen Mr. S.N. Malik said that the Cabinet note in this regard has become according to PMO sourcese. There is a file lying in the PMO at this time regarding this connection. It will be announced someday next week when Parliament is in session.
Infact DA of Central Govt. Employees reached up to 90% at this time and again due started with DA increment from 1st Jan. If this time there is an increase of 11 per cent on DA; it will be 101 per cent . Malik says that when the Fifth CPC DA had reached 72 per cent, 50 per cent DA was merged with basic pay without any demand from staff side. This time it is not being done. This demand of merger of 50 per cent of DA into basic pay DA of the unions is old. In view of this, , Minister of State for Finance Namo Narain Meena said in Parliament stated in August last year that Sixth Pay Commission has not recommended to merge the DA with basic pay . So the government is not doing so. However , now the situation has changed, in the view of general election, to woo the all the public the decisions are being taken. In this series, if DA has to be merged with the basic pay, then the exchequer put a burden of Rs 20,000 crore is estimated .
Related to Your Search:
- 7th Pay Commission award to put extra burden of Rs 1.02 lakh crore in FY 16-17
- Dearness Allowance hiked to 80%; to benefit all central government employees, pensioners
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Minister’s reply on financial outgo and implementation Date
- 7th Pay Commission may recommend in its interim report to merge 50% of DA with basic pay..!
- Rajasthan government announced 6% hike in the Dearness Allowance (DA) of its employees.
- Government approves 10% DA hike, to benefit 50 lakh central employees.
- Merge DA with Basic this year and Defer Increments: Pay Panel Member
- Unconfirmed news on merger of 50 percent DA with basic pay for Central Govt Employees and Pensioners
- Cabinet clears pay hike for 1 crore central government employees, pensioners