3% GOVERNMENT JOBS FOR DISABLED PERSONS
SUPREME COURT DIRECTS CENTRE, STATES TO RESERVE 3% GOVERNMENT JOBS FOR DISABLED PERSONS.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday directed the Centre and all state governments to provide three per cent job reservation to disabled persons in all their departments, companies and institutions.
A bench headed by Chief Justice P Sathasivam also clarified that the principle of not exceeding more than 50 per cent reservation would not be applicable while granting quota for disabled persons.
The apex court directed the authorities to compile the number of vacancies in all their departments to give jobs to disabled persons under three per cent reserved quota within three months.
The bench said it is an “alarming reality” that disabled persons are not getting jobs because of various social barriers forcing them to live life in poverty and negligence.
It said the government has “categorical obligation” to protect the right of disabled persons and passed a slew of directions for providing jobs to them.
Related to Your Search:
- 3% reservation for differently-abled persons be given in all category of government jobs: Supreme Court
- Supreme Court agrees to examine Centre’s decision to grant 10 pc quota to poor in general category
- Reservation to Disabled Persons
- 3% quota in government service for the disabled is only for initial appointments not for Promotions-Madras High Court.
- Three per cent quota in government service for the disabled is only for initial appointments not for Promotions-Madras High Court
- 4.5 PERCENT RESERVATION FOR MINORITIES
- Dopt Orders – Reservation for persons with disabilities- Computation of reservation
- There should be No Reservation in Promotions – Supreme Court
- Reservation for persons with disabilities- Computation of reservation- Implementation of the SC Judgement: DoPT Order