Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
Block-IV, 3rd Floor, Old JNU Campus,
New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi-110067
Dated: 5th January, 2017
1. Secretaries (All Ministries/Departments in Government of India)
2. Chief Secretaries to all State Governments
3. Administrators of Union Territories
4. Directors General/Directors of State & Central Training Institutions
Subject: 11th Post Graduate Diploma Programme in Public Policy and Management (PGD-PPM) at the Management Development Institute, Gurgaon.
The Department of Personnel and Training has been sponsoring Post- Graduate Diploma in Public Policy and Management (PGD-PPM) at the Management Development Institute Gurgaon. The 11th programme is scheduled to commence from 24th April, 2017 (Monday).
2. This programme has been designed as a high quality programme with a set of core courses as well as a range of electives. It includes an international module of about Two weeks’ duration at a foreign university.
3. Please find enclosed herewith particulars of the programme along with terms and conditions for officers admitted to the programme. I would request you to kindly circulate the programme amongst your officers and encourage as many as possible to apply. The details of the programme are available on the website of the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
http://dopt.gov.in/ -> About Us -> Wings and Divisions in DoPT -> Training ->Programmes PGDPPM, MDI-Gurgaon and on the website of MDI Gurgaon i.e. www.mdi.ac.in.
4. The nominated Officers will be required to develop a Policy Paper on the issue to be identified in consultation with the Ministries/Department/State Government etc. where they are presently working. This policy paper will have to be submitted by the officer to their respective Ministries/Department/State Government etc. at the end of the programme. The Ministries/Departments/States will also nominate a Nodal Officer of the rank of JS or above to the Government of India for mentoring and guidance to the sponsored officer for developing the policy document and coordinating with MDI-G in the matter
5. Nomination of suitable officers, in the prescribed proforma, may please be sent to this Department through the appropriate Cadre Controlling Authority so as to reach us on or before 24th February, 2017. ominations received after this date will not be considered. The nominations would be scrutinized and officers fulfilling the conditions of eligibility will be called for an interview by MDI-G. The interview dates and time will be intimated to the officers by MDI-G. In order to save time, the officers are permitted to send an Advance Copy of their application directly to this office/MDI-G. The officers will also be called for interview based on their advance applications.
However, final selection will be subject to receipt of his/her formal application, duly recommended by their cadre controlling authorities along with Vigilance Clearance. Therefore, it is in the interest of the officers to get their applications routed through their Cadre Controlling Authority as early as possible.
6. Further details of this programme may be ascertained from School of Public Policy & Governance, Management Development Institute, Mehrauli-Gurgaon Road, Sukhrali, Gurgaon-122007 (Haryana) Telephone: 0124-4560553, E-mail Id: [email protected], website: www.mdi.ac.in.
7. All Ministries/Departments/ State GovernmentslUTs/CCAs etc. are advised to give wide publicity to the programme and upload this circular on their websites for the information of all concerned.
Related to Your Search:
- DoPT to hold Stress Management Programme for officers
- DoPT: 3-days Orientation Programme to be held from 18th-20th March 2019 for Directors and Deputy Secretaries joining the Central Secretariat under the Central Staffing Scheme
- One-week In-service Training Programme for AIS Officers (IAS, IPS & IFoS), officers working under the Central Staffing Scheme and officers of CSS/CSSS (DS/Sr. PPS and above) at Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai
- Government Favours Training of Officials to Ensure Better Efficiency: V Narayansamy
- Training programme of Cook Category for Canteen Employees of Non-Statutory Departmental Canteens – Nominations from Ministries/Departments
- One Week In-service Training (IST) programme for Officers of All India Service (IAS, IPS & IFoS), officers working under the Central Staffing Scheme
- One Week In-service Training (IST) programme for Officers of All India Service (lAS, IPS & IFoS), officers working under the Central Staffing Scheme, officers of Central Secretariat Service (CSS) and officers of Central Secretariat Stenographer Service (CSSS)
- One day training Programme for dealing Assistants/Section Officers dealing with Pension related matters
- Long term and short term foreign training programmes under DFFT during 2016-17