07 December is observed as Armed Forces Flag Day
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Armed Forces Flag Day – 2018
Since 1949, 07 December is observed as Armed Forces Flag Day throughout India to honour the martyrs as well as men and women in uniform, who valiantly fight on our borders to safeguard the country’s honour. It is an important occasion to remind the nation of its obligation to look after veterans, disabled soldiers, war widows and dependents of those who have sacrificed their lives for the safety, honour and Integrity of the motherland.
The ‘Armed forces Flag Day Fund’ (AFFDF) has been constituted by the Government of India for the welfare and rehabilitation of the Ex-Servicemen (ESM) community. There are more than 30 lakh ESM Including 6.5 Iakh widows and around 60,000 ESM are added every year due to early superannuation. Contributions received from prospective donors of AFFDF are utillsed to provide basis sustenance needs of the ESM community through a medium of welfare schemes.
The aim of the campaign to generate awareness about the ‘Armed Forces Flag Day Fund‘ and encourage people to contribute generously. Several cashless payment methods have been setup and made available. You can send your contributions via PayTM number ‘8800462175’ and UPI code: [email protected] – To contribute using Credit/Debit Card or Net Banking log on to ksb.gov.in/armed-forces-flag-day-fund.htm
This year the programme MoD has planned to run has been in effect from 01 November, 2018 and would continue till December 31, 2018. You can show your sense of pride by wearing the flag representing three services from 01 November to 31 December 2018. These flags are available at all Government offices. Alternatively, printable version of the flags can be downloaded from www.ksb.gov.in.
Related to Your Search:
- AFFDF – Appeal of Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare to donate minimum of Rs. 200/- to Armed Forces Flag Day Fund – DoPT Order 2020
- Revision of 100% Disabled Children Ex-servicemen Grant Funded out in the Armed Forces Flag Day Fund 2021
- Appeal of Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare to donate minimum Rs. 200/- to Armed Forces Flag Day Fund (AFFDF)
- Appeal of D/o Ex-servicemen Welfare to donate minimum Rs. 200/- to Armed Forces Flag Day Fund
- Recruitment in Armed Forces
- Revision of rate of Penury Grant from Rs.1,000 p.m. to Rs.4,000 p.m. w.e.f. 01.04.2017: DESW Order
- Armed Forces Veterans Day
- Ministry of Defence: Year End Review 2017
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved hike in scholarships for armed forces staff